Great black inventions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great black inventions

Blacks have made many valuable scientific contributions.

Its a bit early, but I thought I would post this in advance for black history month '03

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Cali,

Not that I have anything against it, but what's with the obsession on threads somehow involving races?

Comment

I dont know. I need help.

Comment

I remember one post by Joe (remember Joe, forum vets?) in olden days when he claimed only major black invention was peanut butter.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
          I remember one post by Joe (remember Joe, forum vets?) in olden days when he claimed only major black invention was peanut butter.
          Isn't that enough? Peanut butter is spectacular stuff.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

George Washington Carver invented several things that are made out of peanuts. But I don't know if he invented peanut butter. I think some white guy named Skippy did that.

Comment

It was Peter Pan, stupid.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I knew it was one or the other...

Comment

Well my point in posting this thread is to say that if you believe all these things were invented by blacks then you just swallowed afro-centric lies hook, line, and sinker.

Some of these claims are false or exaggerated, seemingly for the sake of boosting the self-esteem of black americans. I think this is insulting to them. Instead of claiming others inventions as your own, how about pointing out the REAL achievements of black americans? Like blues and Jazz, and many other wonderful things.
                  Last edited by Caligastia; June 10, 2002, 17:12.

Comment

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well my point in posting this thread is to say that if you believe all these things were invented thenyou just swallowed afro-centric lies hook, line, and sinker
                      You mean they weren't invented? Quick, patent 'em.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

so what? they're just people why should we treat 'em special like?
                        You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Comment

Cali, Cali, Cali...
                          This is not endearing you to anyone.
                          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                            Well my point in posting this thread is to say that if you believe all these things were invented thenyou just swallowed afro-centric lies hook, line, and sinker.

Some of these claims are false or exaggerated, seemingly for the sake of boosting the self-esteem of black americans. I think this is insulting to them. Instead of claiming others inventions as your own, how about pointing out the REAL achievements of black americans? Like blues and Jazz, and many other wonderful things.
                            Oh, I forgot to click on the link. Yea, I guess that some of those claims are exaggerations to say the least.

Comment

Got any examples, Caligastia?

Of the top of my head, horseshoe seems rather suspicious. Could be a patent on a new type of horseshoe, however.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X