Kenyan Tribe Learns Of Severity of 9-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osweld

I read the article, but my post was not in response the the article. (And, by the way, I did mention that the Masai where being compassionate.)

My post was in reply to your only comment on the article " Kenyan Tribe Learns Of Severity of 9-11" which, to me, comes off as incredibly pompous and condescending, and implies that 9/11 should actually a signifigant event to them - even though there are problems a hundred times worse on their own continent.
    Well you come across as a complete arse. Obviously if you had read the article you would have learned that the tribe knew of the event but didnt realise its severity until it was described to them in more detail.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Jon stfu you fool

The cows will be sold to the beefmarket and the money will be used to Purchase 20,000 pair of beads there women make. Are you happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Well you come across as a complete arse.
        I can't imagine anyone without a British accent pronouncing 'arse'

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon

I can't imagine anyone without a British accent pronouncing 'arse'
          Us kiwis say it the same way as you do.

Comment

Of course the sentiment is nice, it's just the way it's been done seems warped. It feels like it should be the other way around (that's for all westerners, not just Americans).
            I know what you are saying jon. The problem here is that the US posters are (and rightly so) very touchy about WTC attack. You are right when we look at all the other killing it seems odd to focus on one place and one time. But you also can`t relegate peoples suffering or the real lose by saying that it has happen else where. It was a massive crime and it is right that the focus is on it.
            We have to remember it did not happen in one of our cities (though many UK nationals died that day). There pain and horror is stronger. It was a direct and massive attack against their home and people, you don`t forget that in a hurry.

I know you are not trying to relegate their suffering, but when dealing with this topic you have to ask yourself what we would do, and who would be helping us. And the answers are we would be at war (with some F@cker) and the US would be fighting alongside us.
            Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Some interesting tid-bits I saw on the news.

The africans didnt even know such tall buildings and cities existed!

Comment

BlackStone.

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Blackstone - thanks, I guess you're right.

Comment

Blackstone - thanks, I guess you're right.
                    Well it took me long enough to write the bloody thing (didn`t want to upset anyone - looking for the right words), so you will have to excuse the spelling as per.
                    Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

red_jon
                      I dont think youre stupid or an evil person, but for those of us who lived through it, its very difficult to hear someone portray it as insignificant. Please try to be a little more sensitive next time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone

Well it took me long enough to write the bloody thing (didn`t want to upset anyone - looking for the right words), so you will have to excuse the spelling as per.
                        You did a good job mate, I appreciate your effort.

Comment

BTW, private citizens in the USA who give money to private charities and NGO's give more money as aid than all foreign aid programs. This is true for other countries charities and their official aid programs
                          "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                            red_jon
                            I dont think youre stupid or an evil person, but for those of us who lived through it, its very difficult to hear someone portray it as insignificant. Please try to be a little more sensitive next time.
                            Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was insignificant.

Comment

And for red_jon's next trick, he will go to a US WWII vet who was stationed in Pearl Harbor, say, "HA! You bastards deserved it!", and get his ass kicked by a 80 year old vet.

Comment

The US is the only superpower...
                                I was going to disagree there and call you ignorant(do to the fact that there is more than one in the world), but as an arrogant American I'll just agree.

Superpower:

POLOTICS powerful nation: an extremely powerful nation with greater political, economic, or military power than most other nations, or with all three

Comment

Working...
                                X