Brazil has black people too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun

There seems to be two possible routes that this discussion can go --- if you insist on exclusively talking about President Bush's mistakes, then I will have to respect that.

The other route I thought this discussion could go, was the differences in the concept of race between North America and Latin America.
    I DICTATE THE ROUTE OF DISCUSSION THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
      Quite simply, I refuse to believe that you and I supported the same candidate for President.
      Its true, if you think back to the heady days of the 2000 election you will remember my support for Nader. Would the fact that I cant vote here make you feel any better?
      If true, buckle up folks. It's gonna be a bumpy apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Heck... that was more on topic than many of the posts you made in his thread

Comment

I think it was an honest question. Nothing wrong with asking it, if you don't know the answer. Further, knowledge about this puts him in good company--99%+ of the American public.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yes, Dan. The problem was that it was, in fact, a totally honest question. That should not be a question that the President of the United States of America needs to ask.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

I DICTATE THE ROUTE OF DISCUSSION THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

. . . . . . . As you should, but did you miss this part of my quote?

". . . . .then I will have to respect that."
              So there was no need to get that upset.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

"That should not be a question that the President of the United States of America needs to ask."

Guynemer: Do you drink tea with your pinky raised?
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

THAT EDIT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH!
                  Last edited by Ming; May 28, 2002, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

. . . . . . . As you should, but did you miss this part of my quote?

". . . . .then I will have to respect that."
                    So there was no need to get that upset.
                    Guess what MrFun - when I put a after what I said it means I was joking - not upset.

Just thought I would let you know...

Comment

Cali, yes it does. Hope you edit that posthaste...

Dan--so expecting the Leader of the Free World to know that black people live in Brazil, that makes me a snob?

Fine then. I'm a snob, and damned proud of it. The man is a complete idiot; as I said, I might loathe him, but he is the leader we deserve.

Comment

The fact that I supported Nader really fucks you up doesnt it Guynemer?
                        The owners have the censor enabled for a reason. Respect their wishes or find some place else to post.

You WON'T be warned again...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming-
                          Post edited. You better edit that quote too.

Comment

"so expecting the Leader of the Free World to know that black people live in Brazil, that makes me a snob?"

No, it makes you much worse--a fool. There are few things in this world more infuriating than an affect.

If he doesn't know the answer to the question, and he's curious, then he should ask. A couple of years ago, I would have had the same question. There's no shame in it and only an idiot wouldn't ask the question.

Comment

Ming-
                              Post edited. You better edit that quote too.
                              If you hadn't edited yours, I would have. However, I'm leaving it up in my post to make a point to all the other people who think just because they can come with ways around the censor that it is ok.

It isn't. When you agreed to be members of this site, you agreed to follow the rules. The owners do NOT wish the use of that kind of language. So follow the rules, or lose your right to post.

It's that simple!
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                                "so expecting the Leader of the Free World to know that black people live in Brazil, that makes me a snob?"

No, it makes you much worse--a fool. There are few things in this world more infuriating than an affect.
                                I'm a fool for thinking that the President of the United States should know ahead of time that black people live in Brazil? Well, geez, aren't I embarrassed?

Comment

Working...
                                X