Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil has black people too

News to Bush apparently.

Washington - It was Condoleezza Rice, White House foreign affairs advisor to Bush, who helped her boss get out of an embarrassing situation. In a discussion between presidents George W. Bush, 55, (USA) and Fernando Henrique Cardoso, 71, (Brazil), Bush had astonished his colleague with the question: 'Do you have blacks, too?' While the Brazilian showed surprise over the Bush question, Rice, 47, cleared Bush up: "Mr. President, Brazil has probably more blacks than the USA. Some say it is the country with the most blacks outside of Africa." Brazil president Cardoso judged afterwards: With reference to Latin America, Bush is 'still in training.
    US-Präsident George W. Bush wird nachgesagt, vor dem 11. September habe er die Taliban für eine bayerische Blaskapelle gehalten. Nun hat sich der Präsident der mächtigsten Nation der Welt dank seiner umfassenden Bildung wieder einmal kräftig in die Nesseln gesetzt.

Somebody stop him...hes killing me!
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

"Do you have blacks, too?"

Signature material...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the Leader Of The Free World.

Not a day goes by that I fail to be astonished at the general stupidity of our nation's populace.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It still amazes me that he got elected.

Comment

Brazil has a different concept of race than what we Americans in United States have.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
            It still amazes me that he got elected.
            I'd like to say the same... sometimes, I feel that way. But most of the time, I realize that he is exactly the sort of leader we deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Brazil has a different concept of race than what we Americans in United States have.

Now whos posting off the topic? MING! BAN HIM!

Comment

Heck... that was more on topic than many of the posts you made in his thread

Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There seems to be two possible routes that this discussion can go --- if you insist on exclusively talking about President Bush's mistakes, then I will have to respect that.

The other route I thought this discussion could go, was the differences in the concept of race between North America and Latin America.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You probably deserve him alright, but it was wrong to unleash him on the rest of the world.
                    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

US posters: please repeal presidential term limits. I don't think 8 years is enough to tap this source of entertainment out...
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

I'd like to say the same... sometimes, I feel that way. But most of the time, I realize that he is exactly the sort of leader we deserve.
                        True.

Gore or Bush? What a choice!

I supported Nader. I disagree with him on some things, but at least he didnt use dirty money to finance his campaign. Also I wanted to see his party get past the 5% threshold required for federal funding.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          US posters: please repeal presidential term limits. I don't think 8 years is enough to tap this source of entertainment out...
                          Are you trying to kill me? I'll die laughing!

Comment

Re: Brazil has black people too

News to Bush apparently.

US-Präsident George W. Bush wird nachgesagt, vor dem 11. September habe er die Taliban für eine bayerische Blaskapelle gehalten. Nun hat sich der Präsident der mächtigsten Nation der Welt dank seiner umfassenden Bildung wieder einmal kräftig in die Nesseln gesetzt.

Somebody stop him...hes killing me!

Oh My God, he is so ignorant, and he is the most powerful man on earth, How did he got elected???

He is like Homer Simpson.
                            Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Quite simply, I refuse to believe that you and I supported the same candidate for President.

If true, buckle up folks. It's gonna be a bumpy apocalypse.

Comment

Working...
                              X