No announcement yet.

Clearguidence.com is most vexing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was mostly funny at first, but some of the comments made later are just mean-spirited and paint Muslims with an overly broad brush.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Yes KH. You are right. BUT...

It is also true that the West (and some other regions/nations) face a serious threat from many groups of Muslims. The thing they share in common is an adherence to radical Islam.

All Muslims? No. Many of the Muslims on that board? Yes.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I agree, and I'm no cultural relativist; there are very many real problems facing Islamic society today due to their intolerant adherance to the old ways, but comments implying that there's something fundamentally dysfunctional in Islam ring hollow when coming from Christians...

Western culture is open and to a large extent healthy when compared with most of the rest of the world, but I doubt it has much to do with Christianity; indeed, the relative openness of Christianity as practiced in the West is probably a result and not a cause.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• might I just jump in here and point out that it is a religious board full of civnations...

although I don't doubt that even non-religious people from these parts don't nucture particularly fond feelings about the US of A.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            I agree, and I'm no cultural relativist; there are very many real problems facing Islamic society today due to their intolerant adherance to the old ways, but comments implying that there's something fundamentally dysfunctional in Islam ring hollow when coming from Christians...

Western culture is open and to a large extent healthy when compared with most of the rest of the world, but I doubt it has much to do with Christianity; indeed, the relative openness of Christianity as practiced in the West is probably a result and not a cause.
            Its the heritage of Protestantism.

Comment

• Any news on the invasion front?
              "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

• I agree, and I'm no cultural relativist; there are very many real problems facing Islamic society today due to their intolerant adherance to the old ways, but comments implying that there's something fundamentally dysfunctional in Islam ring hollow when coming from Christians...

I am inclined to say the same think of any tolerance that exists today in islamic communities in western countries.

although I don't doubt that even non-religious people from these parts don't nucture particularly fond feelings about the US of A.
                what non religious people? That board is full of religious people.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  This was mostly funny at first, but some of the comments made later are just mean-spirited and paint Muslims with an overly broad brush.
                  Some of my best friends are Muslims...

On a side note, clearguidance.com no longer allows guests to view the forum.
                  I refute it thus!
                  "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Working...
                  X