No announcement yet.

USA vs Holland in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're forgetting one thing: I accurately predicted the score! Do I get a prize or anything?
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

No.

I'm too embarresed by this score and am now trying to forget the match ever took place.
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

*points and laughs at all Dutch people*

(Belgium beat France 1-2)
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

There must come a new qualifying system!

Why do ****ty teams go to the world cup when they know they are nothing more then filling?

I can at least name 5 European and South American country's that didnt qualify who could beat the US easy with their second team (like we did )

Damn qouta's, now we are stuck with **** teams from NA and Asia again

Comment

now we are stuck with **** teams from NA and Asia again
            Geez, that's a strange thing to happen at a World Cup
            So quit whining, we couldn't beat Ireland, we won't be there. Own fault, not the qualifying system.
            "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
              There must come a new qualifying system!
              You lost to Ireland. Deal with it.

Had it not been for the collapse at Euro 2000, Holland would have advanced easily. Shoulda, woulda, coulda....
              Here's a link.

Comment

If you only get 1 point out of 6 against the Irish (and against 10 men in the away game) you don't deserve to go.

Back to the subject US were better than I expected in that match.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

It's the world cup. The best teams in the world should be there.

Senegal doesn't fit that description.

Comment

Senegal are a great team, do you think they got to the final of the African Nations Cup by accident this year? Seeing how they got past Nigeria and pressed Cameroon to a penalty shootout they have proven themselves.
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Second that, Senegal is not to be underestimated.

Never underestimate the dark side of football!

Comment

Oh c'mon. You can't honestly put crap nations like Senegal, Costa Rica and China in the list of best soccer nations in the world.

And doing well in the African Cup doesn't matter at all. They won't stand a chance against European or South American teams

Comment

There are not 32 of "the best" football nations, there are maybe 7-8 of them. The rest are just good, how good changes over time. You have to let the new ones in, so what the dutch, yugoslavs and czechs didn't make it. Obviously they did not perform when they had to. I doubt you have ever seen Senegal play a serious match against a good team, im telling you the have some very nice qualities.

There are worse nations than the ones you mentioned in the tournament as well, such as Tunisia and Slovenia.
                          Last edited by Footie Mad; May 20, 2002, 09:11.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I doubt you have ever seen Senegal play a serious match against a good team, im telling you the have some very nice qualities.
                            Compared to Holland, France and Spain?

There are not 32 of "the best" football nations, there are maybe 7-8 of them.
                            And that's the main problem. I think the world cup should be a cup for the world's best nations (and the host nation(s). That's only logical. And yeah I know Holland didn't make it, but Portugal and Ireland are far better teams than the ones China played to qualify here.

Comment

While there's some problems with the weak confederations getting a lot of places as I see it. However Senegal is not one of those teams. They actually might a shot at some good results.

But your "rants" seems to be the result of aholland-trauma. Lets face it, holland didn't perform on the pitch and they are not good enough. Your idea that th wrold cup should be a cup for the best teams will not help holland since they aren't one of them.

Comment

Your idea that th wrold cup should be a cup for the best teams will not help holland since they aren't one of them.
                                Holland not one of the 32 best teams in the world? What have you been smoking?

Comment

Working...
                                X