No announcement yet.

Official Star Wars Kicks Arse Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still it seems the council is familiar with the name sypho dyas...
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Maybe Sidious was impersonating a Jedi. After all, he's impersonating a Supreme Chancellor as well.

He must be awfully busy...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Just saw Attack of the Clones today. Great movie in every way I hoped it would be.

I discussed several things with my mates afterwards, and one thing in particular we couldn't agree on. Will Chancellor Palpatine evolve into the evil emperor we saw in Episodes IV and V. He sure looks a lot like him.

Comment

• Wasn't there something sinister about Yoda?

His shifty glances, teaming up with the clones, letting the rest of the Jedi go into the Colosseum without him, his surprising strength....he's in league with the Dark Side.

That's my plot twist, anyway.

Comment

• right. The shifty glacnces are because he's starting to realize the truth. Too late, but he's slowly figuring out that Palpatine is and that Anakin will be someday. The surprsing strength is the fact that he is an eight hundred (or nine hundred, i forget) year old Jedi. He is a master of the force and can use it to empower himself.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              I've seen the movie 2 times....The Kaminoans definatly pronounce it "Sypho-Diaz".

Exactly! It is their mispronounciation of Sidious. That is the extent of what is considered subtle for Lucas.
              Imran: Marcus is talking about Obi Wan saying to the Kaminoans that Master Sypoh-Diaz died ten years ago. Apparently there was a Jedi named Sypoh Diaz that died about the time Palptine took power. Now I do think it's possible and likely that Sidious used Sypoh Diaz's identity to order the clone army. But a jedi named Sypho Diaz did exist at one point and was known to at least Obi Wan and the council. And remember that Yoda said that only a Jedi could erase the files on the existence of the planet. Maybe Syhpo Diaz was working for Sidious until his service was no longer needed. Or maybe Dooku erased the files depending on when he left the Jedi order.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• After watching AOTC, I find it increasing difficult that a whinning little ***** like Anakin will ever become Darth Vader. He is going to have to do a lot of work to be beliveable in that regard.

He spent the whole movie whinning about this and that and he was compleately ***** slapped by Dooku.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• No! He's annoyed that Palpatine might snatch his planned take-over away from him.

Who could have altered the Jedi Archives? Who tells Obi-Wan where to go (in riddles, as usual)? Who is totally above suspicion? Who pretends to be feeble and weak? Who sends the Jedi on a suicide mission where a substantial number are killed, before they are rescued by Yoda and the clones? Who could have ordered that clone army in the first place? What were the circumstances of Sypho-Diaz' death (probably another suicide mission)?

Comment

• Was my question about Palpatine too obvious? Is it an established fact that he becomes the evil emperor of the later episodes?

Comment

• It's the same actor, Winston.

Comment

• Got it.

Comment

• Just saw 'Attack of the Kiwis'...

What a pile of steaming Bantha dung that was...

Still, light years better than 'A Phantom Plot'...

I knew it was going to be crap when I saw it - but I also knew I had to see it in the cinema...

I only read a few of the comments, and I do know that these movies are basically aimed at twelve y.o.'s (You'd have to be a twelve y.o. to actually think that this was a great movie! )

The love story was EXECRABLE!!! Where was my sick bag!!?

The plot was so full of holes you could drive a Death Star through it!

What's with these elaborate attempts to assassinate Amidala? Poisonous giant Millipedes???

The assassin knew where Amidala was staying - why not blow the appartment up like she destroyed the ship?

Why did Jango kill his assistant with one dart, when two could have killed Obi-Wan and Anakin?

What about Shmi Skywalker!!!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Apparently Anakin loves her soooooooooooooooooooooooo much that he leaves his very own mother in slavery with the slimy Watto (The hideously appalling Jewish merchant stereotype - complete with hat and beard this time!!!) for so long that he doesn't even realise Watto has sold her to someone else!!!!!!!!!

I thought the fact that the Empire is about to be made up of millions of New Zealand clones was hilarious - and the Yoda fight literally had the entire audience rolling in the aisles!!!

The C3PO stuff was frankly the most crap attempt at humour ever... I'm betting the Yoda stuff wasn't even intentional...

How the absolute f*ck did Jar Jar survive into this movie after EVERYBODY with half a brain HATED him!!!???

The fact that 'Blatant racial stereotype #2' was responsible for single-handedly handing power to Darth Sidious/Palpatine is laughably poetic IMO...

Hell, even the 'good stuff' was boring and hackneyed - at least the CGI was a bit better than the last one... It is unfortunate that the only memorable action scene was an act of unintentional hilarity on Lucas' part...

That's only the stuff I remember off the top of my head...

Seeing as others have rated the movies, here are my ratings...

A New Hope 9/10
                          Empire 8/10
                          Jedi 7/10 (f*cking Ewoks!)
                          Clones 3/10
                          Phantom Menace 1/10 (Only cause Darth Maul was so cool!)

What a shame...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• a shame indeed
                            Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

What about Shmi Skywalker!!!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Apparently Anakin loves her soooooooooooooooooooooooo much that he leaves his very own mother in slavery
                              He was a just a little boy when he left for Jedi training and his mother wanted him to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carver
                                He was a just a little boy when he left for Jedi training and his mother wanted him to go.
                                Still, all he'd have to do is just ask and the all powerful Jedi could have 'bought' his mother from Watto...

Oh just in case you didn't get that...

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X