• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why such election results don't result in stability drops

Comment

The dutch have built Contraception and Gai Controller. thats why

Comment

Well what implications do the election of the christian democrats have on your role within the EU, I mean, they don't want to withdraw or anything do they?

It's scary though, as a population, you want to fight to block any attempt to take away those laws that make your country what it is today.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What is it, PH? A bunch of centrist puffs?

Comment

Well what implications do the election of the christian democrats have on your role within the EU, I mean, they don't want to withdraw or anything do they?

Nothing to worry about...

I forgot to mention gay marriage in my first post
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

They have it in for gay marriage? Sheesh, I think the Netherlands like it is is a good example, you provide a lot of inspiration to other countries in what their laws should be more like.

I would hate to see all the work undone

And Andy, considering I am on the opposite side of the spectrum, the seem all the more right-winged to me.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I recall making the statement in an earlier debate that there was a world-wide swing to the right...not that that's really a good thing, but I'm slowly being proven right
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: First results in from Dutch elections: we're @#$%ed

Originally posted by Hueij
                  First results: Christian Democrats are the real winners, so we can kiss goodbye our euthanasia laws, lax drug laws and everything else that makes our small place on earth a special place...
                  Relax... There will be no majority to abolish those laws.

-

Comment

Yep, maybe not stupid, but definitely undemocratic... Just two parties which are (at least from our pov) undistinguable (sp?)... Over here there is no way one party will get a majority so every one who wants to get in has to compromise, so it is guaranteed that everyone's opinion is reckoned with...
                    That's why it usually works out that one party is in the executive and the other party controls the legislative branch. It's when one party controls both is when we have to worry
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      They have it in for gay marriage? Sheesh, I think the Netherlands like it is is a good example, you provide a lot of inspiration to other countries in what their laws should be more like.

I would hate to see all the work undone
                      Sorry, we just decided that we like 50's morals and xenophobia better... Better look for another example...

Man, I hate this...
                      Once again...

Comment

Nothing to worry about...

I forgot to mention gay marriage in my first post
                        But if the #2 party was founded by a popular, albeit dead, gay man, how in the world would they manage to reduce gay rights and still maintain a viable government?

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Will Europe be a right wing hellhole in 5 years?

Comment

Well, they have been in every coalition government from 1918 to 1994, and according to the BBC:
                            The party has adopted a more liberal attitude to social issues...
                            It can't be so bad can it?
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

IW, this is a question of political confessions and principles

Comment

It can't be so bad can it?

It can... According to the polls as of now the CDs have 41 of 150 seats in parliament. Next is the LPF (Fortuyn's party) with 26. It's the CDs that are calling the shots now and after the new euthanasia law was implanted they fought it all the way to the European Parliament. Their opposition against gay marriages was almost as fierce...
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X