No announcement yet.

Greeks to Rebuild Collossus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with ****ing, it's healthy and good for society, se other thread by boddy about it

You can say what you want about my 'people' since I'm not a nationalistic chauvinist that uses over 2000 year old historical anecdotes to do something about my own insecurity

Comment

just explaining the obvious.

and something more before I go.

if you were remotely informed you should know that the term barbarian refers to people who do not speak greek and has nothing to do with race.

people whose language sounds like :bar, bar, bar" to greeks

have a nice day from the nationalistic chauvinistic commie nazi insecure person that is me.

at least get your facts straight next time.

Comment

check PM please, paitkis...
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          Keep in mind that while Greece did come up with democracy, those early "democracies" were limited to what, 10% of the population?
          so are the modern democracies. 5% of the people rule, the rest run around and shop.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
            any way i'm outta here for while

keep your bashing coming i'll be around later
            Umm, no intent to bash from me. You were acting strangely, and I pointed it out. I also pointed out a small flaw in a particular argument you made. That's not bashing, so far as I know.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I do know what barbarian means...

Hey, paikitis I'm just pulling your leg. I said something about Alexander the Great and you went ballistic and at the same time showed a quite a unbalanced view of Greecian history and heritage. I just couldn't help but to use that weakness to make a little fun of you at your expence.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso

so are the modern democracies. 5% of the people rule, the rest run around and shop.
                Ok, probably true, but the shoppers do have the right to vote. Significant difference, IMHO. Though we've gotta work on that whole "customer is always right" thing.

I wasn't putting down ancient Greece. Far from it. I was just puzzled by Paiktis' string of posts (you did go ballistic, man)... and played devil's advocate with one of them.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Actually from what I remember, Alexander was supposed to be a pretty generous conqueror, giving concessions for the family of those who died in battle, even those he had conquered. I think he was quite keen on keeping his empire without having to be heavily reinforced. Better to make friends than enemies when not necessary.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah the shoppers have the right to vote, Pepsi or Coca Cola!

Comment

I go for Pepsi.
                      Also Alexander tG destroyed the persian Capital, Persepolis. Got drunk and lighted it up.
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                        I do know what barbarian means...

Hey, paikitis I'm just pulling your leg. I said something about Alexander the Great and you went ballistic and at the same time showed a quite a unbalanced view of Greecian history and heritage. I just couldn't help but to use that weakness to make a little fun of you at your expence.
                        and just what were these allegded inconsistencies and this unbalanced view of greek history and heritage? mind sharing them with me?

you just went on trolling me instead of replying to me on what I corrected you.

you also seem to have a problem with people who are correcting you on some points and think that they do it out of pride of their history.

actually I think that the very concept of taking pride on one's history is repulsive to you. (FYI: that does not mean that one does not see the negatives or that he cares discussing it at any given time or that he is nationalistic).

I do not have to share your opinions or indeed values on any matter. If I don't I'd appreciate it if you did not troll but answer me otherwise I reserve the right to go controllably and catharticly ballistic.

something else on technicalities: i speak greek you don't. as long as this stays as it is, i can call you a barbarian to my "chauvinistic's" heart's content and i'm historically legal
                        and this hasn't got to do with the fact that i'm greek and you're not.

Arrian,
                        you didn't oppose something I said and I didn't oppose something you said. Check the thread and realize it for yourself.

laurentius,
                        the signifying difference between Alxenader the Great and his contemporaries was that unlike them he did not destroy places of worship and cultural value of the peoples he conquered.

Can you say the same about assyrians or persians or even more "modern" peoples?

the burning of Persepolis was the looting of the source of warfare, suffering and occupation of asian minor greek cities for centuries by the persians.

there is a word for that: pay-back and not even mortals proclaimed to gods can escape it it seems (especially when the riches were so great )

this does not take away anything about respect for cultural integrity of the people alexander conquered.

at that time the first jkob of conqeurors was to desotry all cultural signs of the people they conquered so to ERASE their sense of history as a peoples and ultimately assimilate them more easily.

orange apologies too
                        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; May 14, 2002, 14:37.

Comment

paiktis, you really can speak out of your arse at times
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

only when taunted to

actually it is apparent that if someone takes pride in his mythomotors (that are apparent ALL OVER THE WORLD) and if he is, fates forbit, greek, it puts people off. too bad.

actually I got pissed by the constant dissin'
                            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; May 14, 2002, 14:54.

Comment

Zobo you basterd perv, you probably would try and take a peak up Lady libertys dress

Oh and would the statue be naked like the orignal? Ships pass under the testicles!?

Comment

can you imagine the ship accidents that would happen

Comment

Working...
                                X