No announcement yet.

Englands Group in the World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you're absolutely right. "Damn America" comes a lot closer to the core of all the problems, world hunger etc.

Comment

I don't know how world hunger is America's fault, but "Damn America" anyhow. Hopefully, I'll be out of this hole in a year.

ps Before any other Americans come in here and bash me for calling America a hole, please remember that I'm from Nebraska. That's right, Nebraska. If you keep that in mind, I'm sure you can understand where my frustration comes from...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I looked on the web it was 1-1. On paper, a poor showing for the "tini's".

In general, the TV coverage sucks, but I recently put in digital cable with every channel known to man so I now get the English premier league, Bundesleaguer, Argentinian and other south american leagues. I missed watching the Rangers beating Celtic though.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I can't afford digital cable, but my friend has it and I watch some games at his place. I did watch the Rangers beat the Celtic. Disappointed that no one got shot with a crossbow, however.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            I can't afford digital cable, but my friend has it and I watch some games at his place. I did watch the Rangers beat the Celtic. Disappointed that no one got shot with a crossbow, however.
            half-bricks, coins and broken bottles are more standard
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
              half-bricks, coins and broken bottles are more standard
              ... but not nearly as entertaining. Anyone can throw a brick at someone else, but shooting someone with a crossbow is some first-rate hooliganing.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Someone was shot with a crossbow?
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Yeah, a fan got shot in the chest with a crossbow a few years back. IIRC, he was just walking out of a pub when someone shot him. Truly insane, yet funny in a "I can't believe that happened" sort of way.
                  Last edited by Drake Tungsten; May 6, 2002, 12:30.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I thought you meant at a game! I saw a "road-rage" trial where a guy shot someone with a cross-bow. He was convicted of murder.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                      I thought you meant at a game!
                      No, this one wasn't at a game, just outside it. However, there's a chance that some clever Scotsman might sneak a crossbow into a game and I sure as hell don't want to miss that if it happens. Sectarian violence at its finest.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I want a crossbow
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The England v Argentina match will be brilliant to watch. Argentina will win.

The Sweden v England match will be dreadful to watch (they always are). It will be a draw. Goals by Owen and Ljungberg.

England v Nigeria will be very entertaining. I wouldn't be surprised if Nigeria win with an Aghahowa goal or two.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

No freaking way Ljungberg will score a single goal in the WC. A lot of non-swedes seems to think that he will be a real threat. The truth is that he's quite harmless in the national side. He has a role where he has to take a lot of more defensive responsibility (Sweden plays with 10 defensive players most of the time, when Zlatan isn't involved for 15 minutes or so), he seldom get a chance to make those dashes into the center while he at the same time don't get the same kind of assistance and passes as in Arsenal.

Take away the gunners from Ljungberg and he's a pretty average midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                              But Wales is not in the World Cup so who cares about those unemployed coalminers anyway.
                              Wales is greeeeeeeat.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The football team isn't though.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X