Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Guides 50 Greatest (US) Shows of All Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about The Osbournes?

Comment

Originally posted by jdjdjd
      I've never seen the Soprano's, but still it can't be that good.
      I loved Hill Street... LA Law... ER... The Pratice... NYPD... and yes, The Soprano's is that good
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by jdjdjd

MASH was great until Henry Blake and Trapper were killed, then it was good, until Frank Burns left, and then it was annoying and preachy, whereas shows like Seinfeld, I Love Lucy and the Honeymooners, had briefe periods of weakness but always rebounded.
        Trapper wasn't killed, he got sent stateside. I think MASH was better after Trapper and before Charles. Some of the episodes with Charles are good, but not as good as the Frank Burns episodes.

I also can tell, before they start the cast names whether or not an episode of MASH has Charles in it.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
          When these polls get done on British TV, serial dramas of 3-12 episodes tend to feature very highly- such as "Traffik", "Shooting the past", "The Singing Detective", "I, Claudius" and "Edge of Darkness".

There doesn't appear to be any comparable ones on the US list- they're all long-running (even open-ended dramas). Are such serials a British phenomenon?
          No, but they are considered different from open-ended series' and would likely appear on another list... "The 20 greatest mini-series" or something. Iirc, the first American serial drama was NBC's "Rich Man Poor Man" which went on for 3 nights back in... '76? '78? Late '70s, anyhow, but before "Roots".

Comment

Just to fill in one of the gaps --

An American Family was probably the first "reality" television show. Very early 70's. They took a bunch of cameras into the home of a real family in California (San Diego, I think), filmed everything that went on in their lives and broadcast an edited version. And no, I didn't watch it, I only heard about it.

Comment

Its a bad list.

It missing The Prisoner.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                The Man from U.N.C.L.E.!

My guess is that a few of the voters were from my generation.
                As schlocky as the show was, it was one of our favorites when we were kids. RAH
                You want schlock. How about the spin off.

The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

The sets alone were hilarliously cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
                  Its a bad list.

It missing The Prisoner.
                  That's because "The Prisoner" wasn't a US show. It was British.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred

You want schlock. How about the spin off.

The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

The sets alone were hilarliously cheap.
                    GIRL FROM UNCLE, drooooolllll

Yes we were young, and she was hot. and yes it was schlock.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X