Mysteries of the Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysteries of the Bible

Hey, I was at this Rastafarian dude's house, and we were watching this show on TLC about mysteries in the Bible. It seemed really sensationalist, and I spent most of the time staring at my hands, and I was wondering if anybody had seen it, or anything like it before. I don't remember too much, but I'm sure it'll come back to me.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Man, how high are you?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I watched somthing on the garden of eden last night. I guy found it, unfortunately. Its under a modern city in Iran. But he used Bablyonian, Herbrew, Sumerian text to find it. It was a hard confusing search.

But I think he knew what he was doing.

Comment

Dude, KH, I am eating some eclairs, and they're good. The show was weird, it was all about space aliens talking to Ezekiel and Abraham and stuff. I don't really remember.

Comment

one mystery:
          what the **** was ezekiel on?
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Probably the same eclairs Felch X is scarfing.

Comment

well, it sure wasn't pot..that's only a MILD hallucinogen.
              "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

I bet he was all mixed up in that ergot fungus stuff. You know how it grows on rye, and stuff.

Comment

Yup......watched the show but got a bit confused about the Bible codes. Makes you think....then again it could all be crap.
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I dont trust bible codes. You can do that with any book. But the thing Ezekial described was drawn up bye a modern engineer with NASA.....it looked like a UFO.

Comment

I bought a Bible a few weeks ago, and plan to read as much of it as possible between the semesters soon, to help me develop my own beliefs in God, Jesus Christ, and the human soul.

I have formed some of my basics beliefs though.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Maybe if you can decribe some of the mysteries, we can have a more interesting discussion.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The mysteries originate from every different sect of believers who interpret the Bible differently.

I do not have a laundry list of those specific mysteries at the moment.

The sad thing is that Jesus Christ never wrote his own ideas and teachings. If we knew what Jesus Christ himself REALLY preached, we might find many parts of the Bible that is just plain wrong.

Jesus Christ's own words would be closer to the truth, but unfortunately, we have to rely on the apostles' interpretations and biases.

Comment

MrFun, I think the writer of gospels did do their best to trade the teachings of Jesus. Which means the bias is found in their selection, not in actually what they let their Jesus say.

There is a problem on how to read the thing. In ancient times, every serious book had a story aroud it (also philosophical work of Plato, or even Galilei). Some people who too literally believe in what is written (and even only to refuse it) fail to see this.
                            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                              MrFun, I think the writer of gospels did do their best to trade the teachings of Jesus. Which means the bias is found in their selection, not in actually what they let their Jesus say.
                              Most of their bias probably came from what they selected out of Jesus Christ's teachings, but the rest of it probably came how they reinterpreted his teachings long after he died.

Comment

Working...
                              X