Ok! That's It! I've Had It!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok! That's It! I've Had It!!

I guess everyone has defining moments in their life. Well, I'm at one of mine. For years off and on I have struggled with my weight. I've yo yoed up and down. This time a year ago I was 65 pounds lighter. Now I'm at the highest weight I've ever been in my life and I hate it. Most of you here don't have this problem so you couldn't possibly understand what it's like or how it feels.

Fat Bastard on Austin Powers had it correct. I eat because I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy because I eat. I don't drink or do drugs so I guess it's safe to say that I use food as comfort. I put on extra weight when I was pregnant and have just been adding to it since the pregnancy ended. Well I'm fed up and I'm through!!!

I have alot to be thankful for as I start this battle. I have someone who loves me and supports me no matter my weight and is always there to tell me how beautiful I am. I have a great doctor who is helping and supportive as well. I also have a tried and true exercise plan that works for me. This time the battle is an uphill one. I am looking to loose 100 pounds. I have tremendous willpower once I get started, it's just the getting started that I have the problem with. I need to do this not just for me, but for my health and so that I can be around to see my children grow out of this horrible phase they call teenagehood

Now that this is going up there is no backing out. I've set a goal that by August the 100 pounds will be gone and I will be back to my old self

If anyone else wants to join me your welcome to. I guess we can have an Apolyton Weight loosing contenst and see who looses the most weight. We can even have those hideous before and after pictures

So this is it! Once I hit the send key there's no turning back. Let Tiamat's battle of the bulge begin.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Good luck

Comment

Good luck, Tia!

I know how you feel, I lost ~40 pounds myself a couple of years ago, but with will power and I see you have it, you can do it!

Comment

Good luck Tia. Don't give up, and don't fall for the fads.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good luck, you fight that flab I managed to lose tons of weight years ago, but alas have put most of it back on since
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

you can do it schmoopie!

Set realistic goals though. 100 pounds by August is 20 pounds a month. You may want to make that December, it's probably more realistic. The first 2 weeks are the hardest
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Good luck Tia. Probably the best thing to do is to get into a sport, that way you get a workout and have fun at the same time. You should start with a friend and you can learn how to play together. Tennis would probably be good.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Wow.....**sniff** thanks. I half expected some smartass remarks. It's not easy for someone who is overweight to get started. I appreciate the support. I start tomorrow. I have my exercise plan and my diet aids to take to get me started. I'm not going to delude myslef into thinking it will fall off as well as I don't intend to weigh myslef except for every two weeks so as not to get discouraged.

I've done it before and I know I can do it again, I just want to find a way to do it and keep it off for good.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

The only way to keep it off for good is to stay active. Once you get into a sport keeping in shape will be fun!

Comment

Tennis! **goes into best Mae West voice** Honey I get winded walking up the stairs

Actually I do have a sport if you can call it that...that I really like I used to do jazzercise and Tae Bo. But I'm starting off small with walking everyday around my neighborhood to build up so I don't get so worn out.

Comment

Even if its just hitting a ball against the wall with a friend, it will still do you good. Im sure you could manage that, you dont have to start on a full court.

Skateboarding is fun too.

Comment

Good luck, Tia. As someone who's chronically underweight, I guess I can reverse-empathise - stop me if I'm being presumptious.

Badminton's a good cardiovascular sport & burns a lot of calories, if you fancy trying it.
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic
                          Badminton's a good cardiovascular sport & burns a lot of calories, if you fancy trying it.
                          Good advice.

Seriously Tia, you should look into some different sports and see which one you could get into.

Comment

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic
                            Good luck, Tia. As someone who's chronically underweight, I guess I can reverse-empathise - stop me if I'm being presumptious.

Nope not being presumptious at all. I have a friend who is boardline balemic and we are both ends of the spectrum. I can't (well I can but their fat clothes) find clothes to fit me because of my weight and she can't find them to fit her because of her underweight. Ok didn't I read somewhere that sex burns calories??

Thanks Cali I will. Hmmm......sorry I was just thinking about trying to skateboard

Comment

If your friend is underweight, she's not bulemic. Just because someone vomits their meal (or some other type of purging) doesn't automatically make them bulemic--bulemics don't lose weight. She sounds like a binge-purge type anorexic--a very, very serious condition. Obviously, I can't know for sure, but it can not be stressed enough that she needs help IMMEDIATELY.

Sorry for the threadjack.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X