Nambla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom201
    Hmm, did you guys read the other thread (Interfering in Other Peoples' Sex Lives), I explained a lot of stuff already there. So some answers are quotes from that thread..
    [/q]
    The question is not why, rather than why not.
    When you look at other laws, concerning responsibility limits, its very reasonable. A child of 10 for example cant be charged for shoplifting. While there is a law, that from the age of 14 you are able to sign minor (privat) business contracts. Additionally you get in trouble for criminal activity.
    I think this limits also should apply for other issues. Why isnt a teenager able to make decissions on sex, when he can on business stuff?

Ok, so you disagree with the aproval of parents part of the law, for sex between 12 and 14?
    As I explained in that thread, you are actually wrong. A person under the age of 16 can not enter contracts without his parents permission unless he has had a court declare him to be an "emancipated minor". He also has to obtain a special permit in order to get a job, and can only get a "learner's" driving permit. In many parts of the US now teens under 18 can not drive after dark without having adult supervision.
    A child of ten CAN be tried for shoplifting, but only in juvenile court. IIRC we had a thread last year about the 2 English kids who murdered a toddler being released upon reaching maturity. They were tried and sentenced even though they were only 10 weren't they?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Ok than it seems in the US minors have in general a lot less rights than in Euope. Than that is wrong too
      Especially when you look at the other US laws about responsibility. You can be charged for shoplifting when you are 12 years old? You think this is justified or not ?
      If yes ... When a teenager is considered mature enough to make decissions on comiting crime on his own (-> he is responsible, he exactly knew what he is doing), how is that diffrent from making decissions on his privat life.
      Last edited by Tom201; April 28, 2002, 09:51.
      If it is no fun why do it?
      Live happy or die

Comment

Ok than it seems in the US minors have in general a lot less rights than in Euope. Than that is wrong too
        Especially when you look at the other US laws about responsibility. You can be charged for shoplifting when you are 12 years old? You think this is justified or not ?
        If yes ... When a teenager is considered mature enough to make decissions on comiting crime on his own (-> he is responsible, he exactly knew what he is doing), how is that diffrent from making decissions on his privat life.
        Whether a minor is to be charged as an adult or not is determined on an individual basis, usually depending on the crime, the motivation and the mental state of the perpetrator. Generally only particuarly greivous crimes like murder or rape would motivate the prosecution to request that the minor be tried as an adult. It varies form state to state, but kids under 14 aren't generally liable to being tried as an adult. There have actually been cases in which gangs have taken advantage of these laws and used kids under 14 to carry drugs and guns. The significance of trying a case as an adult is that it opens the possibility of administering adult punishment. There is a seperate judicial system for minors. The trials are usually less formal, and often involve psychologists and social workers in the judgement process. Minors can be sentenced to mental health treatment or special juvenile detention centers which are less harsh than adult prisons. By law when a juvenile reaches maturity his juvenile criminal record is wiped clean.

Let me get this straight: You'd consider it wrong to try a kid for a crime he committed, but then turn around and consider him mature enough to have sexual intercourse?

Comment

• You'd consider it wrong to try a kid for a crime he committed, but then turn around and consider him mature enough to have sexual intercourse?

No, I would set the starting age for both on 12 (with some extra rules), full responsibility starts at 14.
          My point is that laws should keep some logic.
          Live happy or die

Comment

You'd consider it wrong to try a kid for a crime he committed, but then turn around and consider him mature enough to have sexual intercourse?

No, I would set the starting age for both on 12 (with some extra rules), full responsibility starts at 14.
            My point is that laws should keep some logic.
            Why? It is one thing to be mature enough to know that it is wrong to steal or hurt another person. It is quite another thing to be mature enough to assume the responsibility for the care of a child, which any person who has sexual intercourse should be willing to do.

Comment

• I dont want a child. Most times ppl. having sex they dont want children either. There is such a thing called pleasure...
              Pregnancy can be prevented you know...
              Live happy or die

Comment

• Thank the maker Tom won't be spreading his genetic material. That gene pool definitely needs some chlorine.

Why can't suicide bombers take out NAMBLA? I'd pay $25,000 to the family of the bomber, and I'm poor.

Personally, I think the minimum sentence for proven child molestors should be castration. The maximum being the death penalty. But again, the justice system needs reform to avoid the punishment of innocents. I would apply this to any priests (regardless of denomination) who molest kids as well.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Amazing, and in the other thread someone made the assertion that you are 21 and know all about the birds and the bees. Sex causes pregnancy, did you know that? Ah, I seem to recall that you have a fondness for condoms. They're one of the less effective forms of birth control, did you know that? The use of condoms reduces the likelihood of pregnancy by only 50%.

I know, you're going to tell her to go have an abortion, aren't you? Real nice of you to make a 14 year old go kill her baby. Why don't you go have the abortion for her? You can't can you? You could at least go have a vasectomy.

We're all here for your pleasure aren't we?

Comment

• Maybe you have missed it, but I actually dont have a realtionship to a minor girl. The one that other thread is about isnt me.
                    Live happy or die

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      Why? It is one thing to be mature enough to know that it is wrong to steal or hurt another person. It is quite another thing to be mature enough to assume the responsibility for the care of a child, which any person who has sexual intercourse should be willing to do.
                      Why do you assume this is only a problem a young person would have? Every day people 30 or 40 or older are having children they aren't prepared to assume the responsibility for. This is why millions of abortions occur every year. Shall we declare everyone who has had an abortion immature and incapable of being responsibly in control of their lives?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You could at least go have a vasectomy.
                        Nah... people like him are way to selfish, and only care about themselves and their own gratification. Someday he will grow up and learn to accept responsibility for his actions... until then, he's just another bozo who thinks with the wrong head
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Amazing, and in the other thread someone made the assertion that you are 21 and know all about the birds and the bees. Sex causes pregnancy, did you know that? Ah, I seem to recall that you have a fondness for condoms. They're one of the less effective forms of birth control, did you know that? The use of condoms reduces the likelihood of pregnancy by only 50%.
                          Actually no, you are wrong. If cared for properly condoms are effective about 97% or so of the time. I think 50% is a low stat even if you take into account human error, which is the prime cause of "condom failure" but for responsible people condoms are very effective.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                            Nah... people like him are way to selfish, and only care about themselves and their own gratification. Someday he will grow up and learn to accept responsibility for his actions... until then, he's just another bozo who thinks with the wrong head
                            You don't know a damn thing about him. This is just another attempt to cut down one's opinions because they disagree with you. How many guys in here would honestly get a viscectomy as a single guy? The idea is preposterous, and you are foolish to even ask.

Comment

• Why the fork is this NAMBLA thread so popular?
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• "The use of condoms reduces the likelihood of pregnancy by only 50%."

Only if you don't know how to use them properly. If used properly, they're over 95% effective. Otherwise, how would you explain a normal couple who have been married several years and using one condoms as the sole source of contraception having only one child?

Comment

Working...
                                X