Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jean-Marie Le Pen vs. Arlette Laguiller - who'd you vote for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
    My personal experience of Trotsky-ites is that they're every bit as racist, bigoted and close-minded as Le Pen is. Whether the French variety are just as bad, I don't know... but probably.
    Some trotskyists are very close-minded. I´ll give you that. But racist and bigoted?? Nah, never seen it... Which trotskyists have you been hanging with?

DeeEllway: DeeEllway?? Come on... Whose deranged DL are you?

Oh, and I should´ve voted for Laguiller
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Oh, undoubtedly. The Trosky-ites on campus are most certainly anti-semetic, for a start, and they're bigoted against anyone who doesn't agree with them, and having seen their friends in action at NUS Conference I can't say I've changed my opinion.

In any case, their habit of calling anyone who disagrees with them a "fascist" - regardless of their political persuasion - fundamentally devalues the term, and makes the legitimate political fight against extremists, both on campus and in society generally, far, far harder.
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

You spit that dogma out so smoothly it seemed like you almost thought of it yourself. As long as it isn't Christian dogma I guess. So you're saying that the struggle of the working classes (which are those btw?, and are they struggling for or against something, or just struggling?) is a more important point of identity for members of this arbitrary class group (the device of the communist) than their national identity? HA HA HA! Stick to science son. I doubt that is true even in Western Europe which has been immersed in commy propoganda for over a century and is seeing it's nations washed away by the EU degree by degree. Every communist state has played the nationalism card for all it was worth, and the idea of nationalism is the universal success (left, right and middle) that communism always thought it would be.
        Yeah, I know it sounded a bit dogmatic, but the reason was that I didn't want to be dragged into a protracted argument, just illustrating the point of what LO stood for.

I would reply to your post if it was intelligible, but it just jumped too quickly and I couldn't make sense of it.

What I did glean from that is that you have accused me of being brainwashed with commie propaganda. I guarantee you that during my childhood that the only propaganda I have been exposed to was the foul effluent that came from the organs of the US bureaucracy. I have no interest in the nation state, and I am most certainly not going to cry if it turns into some United States of Europe or Global State. One oppressor is the same as any other in my book, but change is good, it gives opportunity.

HA HA HA! Stick to your shit shovelling son

Iain, my personal experience with Trotskyists is that they are not racist, bigoted or close minded. If they are, they certainly aren't very good trotskyists in my book. And that kind of standpoint is certainly not what LO subscribes to.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The goal of LO is the violent proletarian revolution, as it is the only way to free the workers of the bourgeois domination, in their point of view. They're totally closed-minded, and think that everything other than them is the same : bad. That's why they refused to vote for the tobin tax, that's why they refuse to choose between Chirac and Le Pen.
          They're left extremist, and in this sense, as dangerous as right-extremeist. Not sympathetic at all, if you know some people coming from her movement (one revolutionnary tried to drag me in the movement when I was 15-16).
          I'd vote "empty" : going to the urn, but puttin in an empty envelope. The 2 are as bad as the other
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'd emigrate. But if I had to make the choice then it would be Le Pen, the idea of a 'worker's revolution' has never appealed to me.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The lamp post it is for you Cockney
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Vile peasant, guards seize him!
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Arlette. Although she's probably more right-wing than many mainstream parties the way I see it (Trots are generally anti-feminist, anti-homosexual racists), She's less right-wing than Le Pen.
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

In any case, their habit of calling anyone who disagrees with them a "fascist" - regardless of their political persuasion -
                    Reminds me of the nasty habit of MANY Americans to just call "commie" someone who is an inch to their left on the political side

Arlette all the way. She's got stupid ideas, but it's about utopia, not about hatred toward people just because they don't have the same amount of melanin in their cell skins.
                    Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Moving on from what I said before, I'd probably vote for Le Pen. Better an honest bigot than one who tries to hide it.
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Yeah, I voted Le Pen as well... at least he isn't a wacko commie .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, undoubtedly. The Trosky-ites on campus are most certainly anti-semetic, for a start, and they're bigoted against anyone who doesn't agree with them, and having seen their friends in action at NUS Conference I can't say I've changed my opinion.

In any case, their habit of calling anyone who disagrees with them a "fascist" - regardless of their political persuasion - fundamentally devalues the term, and makes the legitimate political fight against extremists, both on campus and in society generally, far, far harder.
                          Oh, that kind...

Comment

Snapcase where do you get your opinions of trotskyists? Neither in Sweden or England/Scotland you get those kinds of trotskyists. Sounds more like stalinists to me.

Spiffor: I agree with you to some extent. LO IS an extremly secterian organization even for trots But they stand for good ideas, basically.

If you can´t have Besancenot and LCR I guess Laguiller/LO is the next best choice...

Comment

I'd vote for the dirty commie.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

I agree Kamrat, I have known quite a lot of Trotskyists in my time, and not one of them has been a racist, bigot, sexist or anything discriminatory. They tend to be very true to their convictions.

I really don't know where you are drawing these stereotypes from, as they are not true in my experience, not a jot.
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X