Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jean-Marie Le Pen vs. Arlette Laguiller - who'd you vote for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean-Marie Le Pen vs. Arlette Laguiller - who'd you vote for?

Let's imagine French election getting even more bizarre. There were three Trotskyite groups in 2002 election, which got over 10% of vote between them. Let's say they have a temporary truce and both back Arlette Laguiller. This candidate might also get support from other leftist parties (such as Communists). Let's also say that Chirac has some kind of, I don't know, scandal or something reducing his vote, and French would have the difficult 2nd round choice between Arlette Laguiller, Worker's Struggle, and Jean-Marie Le Pen, National Front.

Who'd you vote for, if you were French?

Some links about Laguiller:

http://www.lutte-ouvriere.org/elc2002/pre/ (party's official site)
    Arlette Laguiller campaigns for violent revolution and an end to democracy. So why are 3.5 million French people going to vote for her in this weekend's presidential elections? Jon Henley on how a radical won the hearts of a nation
    Le Pen
    44.26%
    Laguiller
    55.74%
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Viva Arlette, Viva El Revolutione !
    Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

I think that my answer on this one wouldn't really surprise anybody...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What kind of political scandal could reduce a French candidate's popularity?

I'd vote for the commie. Fascism can suck a nut.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

what no banana option?

Comment

The funny thing I remember hearing was that they are both MEPs, and they are both alphabetically next to each other, so they are plonked together in the European Parliament

I have been to a Lutte Ouvriere fete before and heard her speak. I am sure she is a very good public speaker, but it was all in French and couldn't understand it very well
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Nekulturny Brits.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well the crowd seemed to love her
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  The funny thing I remember hearing was that they are both MEPs, and they are both alphabetically next to each other, so they are plonked together in the European Parliament
                  That's funny, I thought they were seated by party affiliation.
                  The rivers shall run to the sea,
                  While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
                  While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
                  Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

First of all LePen is not a nazi and Laguiller is not a commie!!

LePen is a populistic fraud who tarnishes the term "nationalist" and he´s nothing other than a capitalist stooge and Laguiller has some good ideas but being a trotskyist, she doesn´t understand the importance of nationalism regarding the working class.

I wouldn´t vote. I firmly believe in the importance of engaging in practical action, in preference to wasting time, effort and money by participation in the corrupt electoral process.
                    Last edited by Guest; April 26, 2002, 07:47.

Comment

Nationalism regarding the working class? LO is an internationalist communist party, a Trotskyist one, not a Stalinist one. The one thing that unites the working class throughout the world is their common struggle, across borders and cultures. Not arbitrary nation states, devices of the capitalist.

And Christmann, I think it worked out that they were together because they are seated under 'other' or something. I will have to check that one out.
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Check out this site or this site

Comment

As it is about presidential elections, and the french president has far less power than the US president (mostly foreign afairs, I think), I will vote for Arlette.
                          At least she will not declare war to [insert random countryname here].

And unlike JML, after desastrious policy, she will not accused the judeo-massonic plot of sabotage and keep the post.
                          So she will last shorter.

I go for her (only after selling all my french auctions).
                          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Nationalism regarding the working class? LO is an internationalist communist party, a Trotskyist one, not a Stalinist one. The one thing that unites the working class throughout the world is their common struggle, across borders and cultures. Not arbitrary nation states, devices of the capitalist.
                            You spit that dogma out so smoothly it seemed like you almost thought of it yourself. As long as it isn't Christian dogma I guess. So you're saying that the struggle of the working classes (which are those btw?, and are they struggling for or against something, or just struggling?) is a more important point of identity for members of this arbitrary class group (the device of the communist) than their national identity? HA HA HA! Stick to science son. I doubt that is true even in Western Europe which has been immersed in commy propoganda for over a century and is seeing it's nations washed away by the EU degree by degree. Every communist state has played the nationalism card for all it was worth, and the idea of nationalism is the universal success (left, right and middle) that communism always thought it would be.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

My personal experience of Trotsky-ites is that they're every bit as racist, bigoted and close-minded as Le Pen is. Whether the French variety are just as bad, I don't know... but probably.
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X