What do you guys do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I thought that Docfeelgood was a nurse or something.
    Is he? I never realised that
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

One of my friends from high school was a big guy (as in muscle, not fat). He was very popular, very built, and has had the same girlfriend for about two years now. Starting next year he's taking Nursing at my university to become a nurse.

That totally and completely shattered my nurse stereotype, and it's good to see more men enter that field too.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I'm a student and I start work at a summer job at a world-famous high-end computer manufacturer May 1st.
        Still lined up for Voodoo? Good for you there laddy

I am an Architectural Technologist... or a super, duper, highly intelligent, well trained, but under payed, CADD operator.
        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I thought that Docfeelgood was a nurse or something.
          I thought he was a doctor. I know he works in a hospital. I believe he works in an ER or intensive care unit - something like that.

His spelling and grammar is terrible - he must be a doctor.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm a musician.

Though I wouldn't exactly call it 'making a living'.

Comment

There are a lot of physics dropouts who go into finance. The math is pathetically easy for physicists and hard for liberal arts weenies. Physicists who make this switch generally but not always have better economic instincts and ability to disaggregate issues. They are just plain bright. (But they do need to get grounded first. Listening to the average Ph.D. who hasn't made this switch talk about business is like listening to Alec Baldwin talk about politics.)
              Last edited by TCO; April 27, 2002, 09:41.

Comment

Ya nice little threadjack/troll attempt there GP, but I for one am not biting
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

you straight arrow, you...

BTW, Makeo is off to LA after hooking up with one of my co-workers...

Comment

Physicist (Nuc) who's eking out a humble living ( )doing marine seismic data processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
                      listening to the average Ph.D. who hasn't made this switch talk about business is like listening to Alec Baldwin talk about politics.
                      Reminds me of that strange psychologist we had for BWL3 (~business administration). I think the topic should have been things like customer relationships etc, but he kept on blahing in the most strange ways....

Comment

• I'm half-way through failing my BA in Politics/Philosophy.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• I work as a Research Engineer at the Technical Research Centre of Finland. I do research on loading of structures, mainly reinforcing steel bars and prestressing strands.

So 'Science' is my field
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

• @ GP
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Yeah, you would laugh, wouldn't you. Chartered accountancy and Physics have a lot in common... Both practically scream "menial math-based loser", for instance.
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Computer Science freshman, and I absolutely hate it. I'm considering political science.

Comment

Working...
                                X