No announcement yet.

Interesting Inside Info on SW2: Attack of the Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the point of a film was to have some characters where you actually care about if they live or die

And you have something where they are building up a hatred for Anakin. Culminating in his turn to the dark side and killing of Jedi.

Ewan McGregor is utterly miscast. He was fantastic as a Scottish junkie in Trainspotting, fabulous as a Scottish reporter in Shallow Grave. Its been downhill since then. His role as a Jedi, is a low point.

I thought he was an excellent Obi-Won in TPM, I don't see why he won't be.

The Princess; I don't care if she dies or not.

How you can tell just after the exposition?

Christopher Lee is an unknown. Anything will be better than Darth Maul.

Darth Maul was awesome! A great villan.

Personnally, as far as I can see, I have empathy with one character

Obi-Wan, the rest of the Jedi... especially when they get killed off one by one.

Ten minutes of Pearl Harbor was worth watching. I predict the same from ATOC.

As your handle attests, you are biased. You'd want to see nothing else than the Star Wars pre-trilogy fail so your LOTR will be remembered as being better... except for the fact that it won't be.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, SW is a kiddie movie with "neat" special effects. Nothing more.

Must I list off previous Lucas films?

The man's a horrible writer, director, and editor. The only saving grace of his movies are the special effects.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

But I've never understood why it's such a big phenomenon.

Takes the myths of old and encompasses them in a sci-fi flick. ESB was one of the first films with a true cliffhanger ending. Just a great set of stories.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Imran, SW is a kiddie movie with "neat" special effects. Nothing more.

With a great mythos backstory. The story of good and evil, encompassing basics of the myth story.

Comment

How does that make for a good movie?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ask everyone who saw the original trilogy .

ESB is still one of my favorite movies of all time.

Comment

I saw the re-released trilogy in theatres, does that count?

Country music and Star Wars -- does life get any better with you?

Comment

The fact that you don't like them must mean you are a very boring person... oh wait... you are .

People like stories of hoky religions (as Han Solo put it )

Comment

I am a very boring person, and that's what makes me so interesting.

Comment

When you say interesting, do you mean... dull as a board?

Comment

Many people find it absolutely fascinating about why I know/care so much about computers while still retaining a non-nasal voice and not wearing suspenders.

And IRL, when I have something to say, it's always something very important. I am a man of few words.

So yes, I am dull as a board.

Comment

It's patently obvious why Asher doesn't like Star Wars; he wants the evil, all-powerful Empire to triumph in the end. His tireless support of Microsoft just proves his authoritarian leanings.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            It's patently obvious why Asher doesn't like Star Wars; he the evil, all-powerful Empire to triumph in the end. His tireless support of Microsoft just proves his authoritarian leanings.
                            Evil will always triumph over Good, because Good is dumb. Everyone knows that.

And I don't recall giving you permission to speak, flower-child.

Comment

I've been 'Mr Baggins' since back in the day, 6 years ago, since I moved. Its nothing to do with the film LOTR.

I do like great cinema, and TPM was not it. Many of the performances were dire.

The performances pale in comparison to Ep4. Harrison Ford and Alex Guiness and the voice of James Earl Jones were fabulous. That was a breakout performance for Harrison Ford. TPM is not only not in the same ballpark, its not even the same sport. Its far from epic space opera.

Whilst the graphics in TPM were very technically proficient, they were sterile.

I'm certainly not the only person of that mind... take a look at the reviews at

Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets

or

the cinema fan reaction at

I understand that you're hopeful for this episode... I am far from hopeful. I think theres a better chance that the next episode will improve, providing that they get some better talent, and better script and acting production value. Jennifer Love Hewitt would make a easy-on-the-eyes-and-can-act-too princess, as someones mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                                And I don't recall giving you permission to speak, flower-child.
                                Sorry sir!

Me, a flower child?
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X