Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's 4-20: Do You Know Where Your Child Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Aaglo, but "kakoa" is also something else, something less perverse, but something of which's English equivalent I am not aware of.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

and here's the file

BTW, I'm not that much of a great singer either, just a bit narcisstic
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        oh yes, it does.... damn, I have just disabled my mic, but I'm in such a good recording mood today... hang on

and I think French was the original language

or German for that matter
        Yes, it would make sense taking into consideration that the song was entitled "L'Internationale", but I've only heard it in Russian. Back in the '50s my father was supposed to go to the Soviet Union as part of a planned exchange of scientists and engineers. He bought material to learn the language, but the only audio material he could find was a recording of "The Red Army Choir", so he bought this in an attempt to get used to the sound of the language. Sputnik happened and the program was cancelled.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Oh my God, is that a wav of Andy singing?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I can do it better

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
              and here's the file

BTW, I'm not that much of a great singer either, just a bit narcisstic
              You sound like you've had too much practice singing this. Someone will be by presently to talk to you.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I'll counter that one with the first 2 lines of the Soviet anthem

Those lines because I don't know how to go on from there

Comment

I don't know about 20/4 but 21/4 is the day the military coup took place in Greece 35 years ago, the one that put the country "in plaster" for seven whole years and cost the independednce of half the island of Cyprus.

21/4 (last Sunday) was also the day that Le Pen got to the second round of the french presidential elections.

Coincidences....coincidences....
                  "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                  George Orwell

Comment

And I'll tell you something else that will freak you out even more axi

I found out that Le Pen was actively campaining for the release of the junta generals from prison in Greece during the reign of his eminance the Byzantium supreme lord Andreas Papandreou....

And the latter tried to declare him a persona non grata

Coincidences indeed

Comment

• I like spam threads like these -- a whole crock pot of dozens of different quirky topics.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• We can get away with it because the middle-aged-mods-with-kids don't like to read threads that may make them question their childs' drug habits, so they ignore these threads.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Thanks a lot, Ecthelion. Saved it to file. I'll have to study it with a dictionary. The singing was also nice
                          Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            He bought material to learn the language, but the only audio material he could find was a recording of "The Red Army Choir", so he bought this in an attempt to get used to the sound of the language.
                            "The Red Army Choir"?
                            Very bed audio, to learn a language. When I hear how they sing, I can't understand them and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who don't know about what those guys singing.

Comment

Working...
                            X