Bush Speaks Out On The Mid-East Crises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cancel
    Last edited by kolpo; April 5, 2002, 08:05.

Comment

That seems to be rather thin ice, paiktis. I don't say you're wrong, but remember our mods are Americans
      Last edited by Ecthy; April 5, 2002, 08:23.

Comment

Look! Someone is actually answering to you!!!

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        That seems to be rather thin ice, paiktis. I don'T say you're wrong, but remember our mods are Americans

You're right. I edited it I want my posting priviliges intact now.

Comment

Comment

Notice how Bush waited until the US's oil supply might be in danger, to intervene. Like father like son I guess .

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
              Gian, I bet we could pull off for another week.

I bet IDF is being told to speed up... perhaps we'll need more troops

Anyway, we're tired of listening to other people's whims.

It's not americans or turks or egyptians being blown up.
              It doesn't matter what Israel thinks... when the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, and supplier of 90% of the Israeli Military weaponry wants Israel to leave, IT WILL LEAVE. There is no talk about it.

Fine, you can ignore the US and then this time become part of Syria and Egypt.

You better respect the US damn it, because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't of won any of those wars. And If I were to decide your country would follow what the US says or be cut off.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

It doesn't matter what Israel thinks... when the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, and supplier of 90% of the Israeli Military weaponry wants Israel to leave, IT WILL LEAVE. There is no talk about it.

You better respect the US damn it, because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't of won any of those wars. And If I were to decide your country would follow what the US says or be cut off.
                ...I...agggrreee.....wiiitth...Gianni....

there I said it

Comment

So you'd let the Arabs commit genocide and kill all the Israelis? Good plan... this is coming from the guy that thinks Ronald Reagan was the greatest US president .

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

So you'd let the Arabs commit genocide and kill all the Israelis? Good plan... this is coming from the guy that thinks Ronald Reagan was the greatest US president .
                    No I am saying, that Israel should show some damn respect to Bush and not spit in his face. When he says pull out pull the hell out!

BTW, I read Ronald Reagan's autobiography... do you really want to know his thoughts about this mess... he had tons and tons of disagreements with Israel during his adminstration.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

No I am saying, that Israel should show some damn respect to Bush and not spit in his face. When he says pull out pull the hell out!

BTW, I read Ronald Reagan's autobiography... do you really want to know his thoughts about this mess... he had tons and tons of disagreements with Israel during his adminstration.
                      Bush should show some respect to the entire region by learning what the conflict is about in the first place. Israel's existence is threatened and it will continue to be as long as the Palestinians harbor, feed, and support terrorism. The United States would be doing the same thing if it were in Israel's shoes.

The only... ONLY reason Bush is telling Israel to pull out is because the Arab countries are threatening to cut off the oil. If they do, then Bush will have to start a war to get the oil back. And he doesn't want to start a war.

Of course Reagan had tons of disagreements in the past. Reagan was an ultra-conservative, pro-corporate, white collar politician. And Israel isn't any of those things.

BTW, Reagan was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers in the lat 70's. It just goes to show that mental capacity isn't a requirement for the presidency. You can get elected twice just based on how good you look on TV and if you tell America what it wants to hear.

The Reagan legacy was one of corporate prosperity at the expensive of the working class.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Bush should show some respect to the entire region by learning what the conflict is about in the first place. Israel's existence is threatened and it will continue to be as long as the Palestinians harbor, feed, and support terrorism. The United States would be doing the same thing if it were in Israel's shoes.
                        Bull, Israel should show some respect, and Palestine isn't helping with the current situation. Both are pigs who just can't live with each other.

The only... ONLY reason Bush is telling Israel to pull out is because the Arab countries are threatening to cut off the oil. If they do, then Bush will have to start a war to get the oil back. And he doesn't want to start a war.
                        Wrong. America itself has enough oil to supply itself, and it gets more of its oil from the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico itself, Venezuela and now Russia. This isn't the 70s, so stop looking at the past.

BTW, Reagan was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers in the lat 70's. It just goes to show that mental capacity isn't a requirement for the presidency. You can get elected twice just based on how good you look on TV and if you tell America what it wants to hear.
                        His alzheimers didn't come until the 90s numnuts.

The Reagan legacy was one of corporate prosperity at the expensive of the working class.
                        Bull****. I know it was not. The Reagan legacy was a tide that lifted all income brackets. You can't just accept that because you are so damn biased. Working class? Pfft... wake the hell up... the US isn't an Czarist Russia. Reagan benefited the middle class, and his precedesser, Carter, shrunk the middle class's income. I don't appreciate people like you making stupid judgements.

Comment

Wrong and short-sighted. Arab economies would be decimated, and the rest of OPEC would have something to say about it as well. The US would take a hit in the short term-, but could recoup over the long-term.

Dave
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Bull, Israel should show some respect, and Palestine isn't helping with the current situation. Both are pigs who just can't live with each other.

Wrong. America itself has enough oil to supply itself, and it gets more of its oil from the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico itself, Venezuela and now Russia. This isn't the 70s, so stop looking at the past.

His alzheimers didn't come until the 90s numnuts.

Bull****. I know it was not. The Reagan legacy was a tide that lifted all income brackets. You can't just accept that because you are so damn biased. Working class? Pfft... wake the hell up... the US isn't an Czarist Russia. Reagan benefited the middle class, and his precedesser, Carter, shrunk the middle class's income. I don't appreciate people like you making stupid judgements.
                            America imports 52 percent of its oil... 42 percent from the Middle East. I think a 42 percent cut in oil would cause problems.

Second, you know two things about Reagan's effect on American economics, jack and ****, and jack left town.

Reagan busted unions which preserve workers rights and fair wages. Sure he created more jobs, but he did away with higher paying jobs and created more lower paying jobs.

Stupid judgements? I am minoring in political science and economics at DePaul University in Illinois. I just finished a 20 page dissertation on the US Economy from 1975-2000. You look like you are about 16 or 17 years old. I doubt you know anything except from what you see on TV.

My suggestion... get and education, then flame people on online message boards AFTER you know what it is you are talking about.

Alzheimers in the 90's? Apparantly you never saw any of Reagan's TV addresses to the nation. Half the time he couldn't remember to read the cue cards and he trailed off on some scewed tangent topic. The guy was an invalid. He was a puppet for the Republican party so they could exert their "rich get richer" agenda.

Between 1981 and 1989, the annual cost of living in the US went from about $26,000 to $35,000, while the average mean income decreased from $32,000 to $30,000. Reagan helped the top 1% of the population get richer. BECAUSE THAT'S WHO REPUBLICANS REPRESENT!

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave

Wrong and short-sighted. Arab economies would be decimated, and the rest of OPEC would have something to say about it as well. The US would take a hit in the short term-, but could recoup over the long-term.

Dave
                              I'm short-sighted? Gee... Arab countries don't have real economies.

They have a few hundred oil billionaires making money hand over foot selling oil to the West.

Do you know what life is like in the Arab world? Obviously not.

Comment

America imports 52 percent of its oil... 42 percent from the Middle East. I think a 42 percent cut in oil would cause problems.
                                So which of your imaginary friends told you that? According to Department of Energy it's more like 13% of imports. Giancarlo was more right.

I'm short-sighted? Gee... Arab countries don't have real economies.
                                Arab oil states have been in decline due to vigorous competition and lower overall prices. Many of these economies still carry massive amounts of debt dating back to the 70s and 80s, while non-gulf competitors invested in new and improved infrastructure. Because they're priming less of the pump, their sway over Israel/Pal policys has diminished markedly.

Do you know what life is like in the Arab world? Obviously not.
                                Not anymore than you do. But at least I take the time to understand before waxing poetic about the problems of the world.

Have a nice day.

Dave
                                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X