Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have best movie, what about the worst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most movies since about 1990 suck royally, but especially Blair Witch and Autumn In New York.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
      I don't even see why this question is up for debate. It is impossible for any movie you could name to be more abomnible than Battlefield Earth.
      I haven't seen it but I'm sure "Living in Oblivion" is way worse than that.(it's a satire,yeah right in that case Schindler's List should be called a commedy )

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        Another film which I thought was a pile of **** was Starship Troopers. Completely rubbed me up the wrong way, and I thought it was crap.
        Noo, ST is a great movie made by one of Americas most subversive directors. And an absolutely brilliant parody of the propaganda film and Heinlen's fascist "utopia".
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X

Noo, ST is a great movie made by one of Americas most subversive directors. And an absolutely brilliant parody of the propaganda film and Heinlen's fascist "utopia".
          Yes, I realise that was it's intention, but as I said, it rubbed me up the wrong way. As I am far left winged, I had no empathy with the state of affairs or the characters in it. I just found it crap.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I loved the book Starship Troopers, though I totally disagree with Heinlein. The movie just struck me as a bad shoot-em-up with similar-looking aliens, inconsistent sci-fi (whereas Heinlein sets his preachy book in a well-done albeit secondary setting), and characters with the same names. The parody part seems to have went over my head.
            I refute it thus!
            "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Schwartzenegger's "Commando"
              What?

Comment

Starship Troopers the film was a great parody of Hollywood propoganda films. "It's afraid." *cheers*

Brilliant.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Yes, I realise that was it's intention, but as I said, it rubbed me up the wrong way. As I am far left winged, I had no empathy with the state of affairs or the characters in it. I just found it crap.
                  Actually it rubbed me the wrong way also, the first time I saw it. I thought it was absolutely awful... Then I read a review of it on IMDb by a party comrade (I went to look for it but I didn´t find it...525 friggin´comments!! ) That´s when I realized the movies greatness and indeed Verhoevens greatness
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It's ironic that the worst movie ever is the highest grossing flick ever.

TITANIC!!!

The Avengers was also pretty bad.

I usually don't continue to watch a movie if I think it sucks.

I hate Mike Myers, so I'd have to put the Austin Powers movies on my worst list.

Comment

Caveman. It starred Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach as a couple of cavepeople. Ringo and a friend ran at each other to embrace, and that's how their backs clicked upright from hunched over hominid type mammals to become fully human!

And all the grunting was kinda gratuitous.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X

I agree with you on ST (hell, I ahve the special edition DVD, and have actually sat through the direstor's commentary), but Paul Verhoeven is not American, he's Dutch . He's also responsible for such classical "bad that they're good" movies as Showgirls, Basic Instinct and Total Recall....

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                          I kinda liked mars attack. apparantly I'm the only one. I don't think it's a great movie, but not the worst either.
                          I liked it too. I like Burton movies in General.

I don't like :

American Patriotic Movies (Postman, The Patriot ...).
                          Eimrich Movies (same as above).
                          Most Drama Movies.
                          Most of Sequels Movies (except few).

lately :
                          Hannibal
                          Roller Blade
                          Zobo Ze Warrior
                          --
                          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit
                            I loved the book Starship Troopers, though I totally disagree with Heinlein. The movie just struck me as a bad shoot-em-up with similar-looking aliens, inconsistent sci-fi (whereas Heinlein sets his preachy book in a well-done albeit secondary setting), and characters with the same names. The parody part seems to have went over my head.
                            ST is great, because it's a subtil parody of the book who sucks heavely (A pure fascit Utopia !!!).
                            Zobo Ze Warrior
                            --
                            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

The worst movies I have ever seen (and can remember at the moment ):

The Matrix - Normally I would have called this an average movie, but since everybody I know (including the one who dragged me into the theatre) are shouting around all the time on how awsome that movie is, that simply just makes me hate that movie

The Man on the moon - It was just plain STUPID, how come a guy like Jim Carrey even wanted to be in a movie like that?

Titanic - ok, I haven't seen the whole movie, but from what I saw...it looked like something which needs to be placed in the garbage

Mars Attacks - That was just...well, I'm speachless...how did they manage to get that many celebrities to be in a such awfull movie

Swordfish - How do I just hate such moves: Good guy looses, good "good-looking-and-very-hot" girl dies and bad guy wins

Ok, that's what I can think about right now. I do have tons of EXTREMELY bad danish movies, but since not many around here knows them I wont show the list

EDIT: added a movie
                              Last edited by Adagio; March 22, 2002, 10:15.
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

We could fill a page with sequels.

Caddyshack II (Absolutely the biggest spread from best to worst.) AND MAYBE THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

Weekend at Bernies II (The first one sucked, and it's hard to believe the second one was worse.)

Phantom Menance (ok, technically a prequel but what the heck)

Blues Brothers 2000

All the Planet of the apes sequels.

Children of Dune (ok, it hasn't been made into a movie yet, but when they do it will suck)

Aliens III (the second one was very good so the expectations were high, at least they recovered a bit with Ressurection)

Federal Marshal (or whatever the heck it was, which was too bad considering the caste available)

AND don't get me started on Movies made from TV shows. One in a hundred are worth watching.
                                *PUKE*

RAH

Yes it is funny to see some listed that were also in the best list.
                                None of these were.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X