No announcement yet.

World spins on claim China discovered America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treasure Ship (about 400 ft) compared with Columbus' Santa Maria (85 ft).
    Attached Files
    Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Model of a Ming Dynasty anti-ship cruise missile. The four rockets (probably angled downward) propelled the missile as it skimmed the surface towards its target. When it neared the enemy ship, a time-delayed fuse ignited a volley of rocket-propelled arrows which burst forth from the mouth.
      Attached Files

Comment

Twelfth-century sidewheeler, propelled by man-powered treadmills. Used for river and lake battles. They were equipped with archers, rams, and sometimes even catapults for hurling gunpowder bombs.
        Attached Files

Comment

Found a news links about this story:

And a little about Zheng He:

I will be quite interested to see what the scholars think of the evidence to be presented.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Zheng He's voyages are of great interest, but the most dubious claim here is that he managed to round Cape Horn, perhaps the most dangerous passage on the planet. Chinese sailing vessels were certainly advanced for their time, but I don't think they can compare with the maneuverability of Euro ships a full century of intense exploration and improvement later.
            European were practically inferior to the Chinese until about 1800's AD.European ships were too inferior until the coming of the spanish armada which i think has the equal quality if not the Chinese's bigger
            Hell I am so damn proud to be a Chinese we have become a superpower for many millenia (except during the 19 th and 20 th which we have countless of internal wars and political chaos)

AOA or Chris 62 hell you are here too troublemaker ,CFC will forever be "dirty" as long as u r there.Yeah i still remember u r the mod who cause flame war in my thread and closed it for your own selfish purpose
            "The east wind shall prevail the west wind" Mao Tse Tung

Comment

European were practically inferior to the Chinese until about 1800's AD.European ships were too inferior until the coming of the spanish armada which i think has the equal quality if not the Chinese's bigger
              Hell I am so damn proud to be a Chinese we have become a superpower for many millenia (except during the 19 th and 20 th which we have countless of internal wars and political chaos)

AOA or Chris 62 hell you are here too troublemaker ,CFC will forever be "dirty" as long as u r there.Yeah i still remember u r the mod who cause flame war in my thread and closed it for your own selfish purpose

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'll still go with Brendan, just because.

Oh, and I don't think we can say that the Amerindians discovered America, that's like asking who discovered Mesopatamia or Europe.

Really, I got out of high school fairly recently and in my American History class we were divided into teams to find out who discovered America. The different possibilities were the Amerindians, the Vikings, Columbus, Brendan, and probably one or two other nobodies. So, it's not like we're blindly accepting Columbus, we just consider him the most important discoverer of America, because he got the ball rolling on expansion to the Americas.
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
                X