Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Should the US Reduce Petroleum Consumption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Or do what Singapore has done: make cars really expensive by levying a heavy tax and other charges on them.

Also charge people for using roads: the more passengers are there in a car, the cheaper the toll is.
    That would actually be counter productive as it would make people hold on to their old and poluting cars for longer.

At least that's how it has been in Norway.
    -bondetamp
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    -H. L. Mencken

Comment

I propose that we let the good times roll and don't worry about oil consumption too much.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
      X