Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who said Afghanistan wouldn't be another Vietnam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he beat me to it

and his joke about the French army was way funny

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior
      American commandos don't have the reputation to be best trained. At the contrary. UK commando (maybe german ?) have better reputation.

But they have surely the best equipment.
      What?????? Everybody knows the best trained special forces troops arent the Seals or SAS.

They are from your country!

The French Foriegn Legion.....

Comment

• That's only because it's closed to French citizens.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I've made a search with 'France Torture'.
          I've obtained 245,000 results !!
          240,000 of which talk about what torture it is to live in France.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Originally posted by faded glory
            What?????? Everybody knows the best trained special forces troops arent the Seals or SAS.

They are from your country!

The French Foriegn Legion.....
            It's just because French Foreign Legion fighters aren't french !
            Zobo Ze Warrior
            --
            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

• Beat ya to it.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                That's only because it's closed to French citizens.

Do you know who commands the FFL? Manfred Rommel, the son of Erwin Rommel.

Comment

• Hope he's even half as talentuous as his father.
                  Zobo Ze Warrior
                  --
                  Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

• He's better. He managed to invade France without a single shot being fired. Rommel Sr.'s troops had to duck once or twice.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      He's better. He managed to invade France without a single shot being fired. Rommel Sr.'s troops had to duck once or twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

Unless I'm mistaken, there already is a civil war in Afghanistan.
                        If you mean the war involving the antt-taliban forces against remaining taliban, yes. But the poster I was responding to said that a civil war would be "a whole new ball game" ie more difficult than the war against the Taliban. I assume therefore he meant an outbreak of war among different afghan factions (other than the Taliban) convulsing the whole country.

There was a day or two of inter-warlord fighting in Paktia priovince, but that seems over with the appointment (by Karzai) of a governor acceptable to both sides. And that hardly convulsed the whole country.

There has been some violence between forces loyal to warlord Dostum, and warlord daud (?) atta, in the north. that also seems to have ended, with the creation of a joint security force.

Sweden it aint, but civil war is an exagerration for what is happening.

LOTM
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                        X