Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Unilateralism & extra-territorial law: A sign of weakness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

African Americans are not immigrants, they are natives. But black immigrants are integrating pretty well in the US.

Comment

Transcend:

"Because most European governments need those high tax rates to pay for their outrageously generous welfares. You already agreed that welfare is too much in Europe..."

I agreed that one specific benefit is too high in Germany (and too losely tied to a willingness to work). Anyway, "welfare" is a small amount in this. Makes a bit more than 1 % of GDP in Germany... if you include Arbeitslosenhilfe, maybe 2 %. Might also be noteworthy that almost 50 % of Alhi recipients are in the former GDR. Which leads me to...

"I think Germany got the bump because the eastern part is rapidly catching up."

The east is in deep ****, and despite ****loads of money does NOT catch up.

"... and individuals and businesses can spend money more wisely. So, then what's wrong with European governments lowering some of their commitments and reduce the taxes?"

Oh, nothing. Fine with me. I'd just recommend the same to the US with the same urgency. Esp when it comes to stuff hidden from the budgets - tax spending, GSE guarantees, Fed bailouts, steel tariffs....

"What about the British, French, or Italian ones? It seems that French are on strikes continously."

"Strike" is a way of life in France and Italy. Unions are in a way irresponsible, although more for ideological reasons than for special interest ones. Still, the French and italian labour markets are very different from one another....

Comment

Working...
      X