Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drekkus
    Now what is it!

In some other thread I said that only if your mother is a Jew, you yourself will be jewish. If only your father is jewish, you are considered not jewish. A friend of mine is jewish (lived in Israel for a few years).
    He is now married a non jewish girl, and about a year ago I was dating a girl who had a jewish mother. He told me that technically his kids would not be jewish, but mine would be.

Somebody here (I think Natan), told me that isn't the case. What is it?
    Yes it is. According to the laws of Judaism you are a Jew if you're :
    A) Jew by religion.
    OR
    B) Your mother is Jewish.

I'm not sure what will be written in the nationality field in the kid's Israeli ID card though. They will probably write the nationality of the mother, but he will be considered Jew for all purposes.
    Btw, does someone knows what's written in the nationality field for not-ethnic Jews?(those who converted to Judaism and then made aliyah, or those who immigrated to Israel and then converted to Judaism)

I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't want to be insulting. But this borders on racism. I would hope by 2050 we have more important things to concentrate on insteade of how many "pure" races are still in existance.

I hope too. But while the world is not perfect yet, I prefer my 3500 years old ethnic group to grow instead of vanishing.

You mean they don't have to believe in God as long as they believe that they are his chosen people?

They dont have to believe that they are his chosen people either. But when asked who their are, they should always remember that they arent American, but American Jews and that their real homeland is here(so that Zionism is not the issue) and be always aware to their history.

Huh?
    You're not talking about religion, but you're talking about a religious identity...

Here we go again...
    Judaism is not only a religion. It's a mix between an ethnic group and religion. So you dont have to believe in god to be a Jew, and you dont have to be a Jew ethnically to be one.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Can one get a Isreel citizenship if he converts to Judaism?
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

If you convert to Judaism you become a Jew, therefore you can get immediate citizenship in Israel and get money from the state every month for some period of time to help you in the beginning.
        Btw, this goverment aid for new immigrants exists only in Israel, and only Jews deserve it. So if you got citizenship from some other reason, you'll have to work harder.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

There is a chance that the number of Jews in the world will fall much more than 33% by 2050. If some muslim state ever nuked Israel, the number of Jews in the world would drop by 33% instantly. Israel is a very small place actually.

That's why bringing every Jew in the world to Israel isn't such a good idea.
          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
          George Orwell

Comment

They dont have to believe that they are his chosen people either. But when asked who their are, they should always remember that they arent American, but American Jews and that their real homeland is here(so that Zionism is not the issue) and be always aware to their history.

BS! They are American, and I'm glad that they are casting off the false nationality of Judaism to become truly Americans. Don't you think that this ethnic seperation and ethnic purity is part (if not a lot) of the reason why Jews have been persecuted throughout the ages? Because they are different and want to be seperate from the rest of the society.

I'm actually happy that there will be less Jews. They are taking control of their lives and marrying who they wish and believing in what they wish instead of being brainwashed by a religion and a claim of ethnicity that doesn't exist.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

axi : (threadjack) does your name mean 'the worthy one' in greek?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

If you convert to Judaism you become a Jew, therefore you can get immediate citizenship in Israel and get money from the state every month for some period of time to help you in the beginning.
                Amazing, whenever I learn something new about zionism, it like to me less.
                Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                  Here we go again...
                  Judaism is not only a religion. It's a mix between an ethnic group and religion. So you dont have to believe in god to be a Jew, and you dont have to be a Jew ethnically to be one.
                  Alright.
                  So how does this change the fact that you only want a "pure bred" Jewish race?

It's still a bit racist, and it disturbs me people still think like that.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    Btw, this goverment aid for new immigrants exists only in Israel, and only Jews deserve it. So if you got citizenship from some other reason, you'll have to work harder.
                    Would that mean that I could theoretically convert to Judaism and therefore be eligible to get Israeli citizenship?

Nobody is taking advantage of that?

By the way, Israeli government did not think to buy a bit of land from some poor nation and to claim it as their own - like US did with Alaska? Have a state on two separate places with one government, and you get more space.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Only Jews deserve government aid in Israel?

How wonderfully progressive.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Eli, Dal, Siro the future of Israel lies on your ****

Go forth and multiply

Seriously what if I want to be an Israeli, but do not believe in any religion?
                        What if tomorrow I go to the Israeli embassy and say,look man, I wanna be an Israeli but I have no use for god(s). I have no jewish ancestry (that I know of) but I want to be a citizen of israel, learn the language, partake at the customs and defend it 'till the last drop of my blood (that's from the greek oath actually).

If there was someone so dedicated but didn't want to believe in god, didn;t have any relation with jewish people wouldn't you accept him?

Comment

actually I do want to know how the population will fall by 33%

with the children of Female Jews being considered Jews

are females just not having children

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            Only Jews deserve government aid in Israel?
                            How wonderfully progressive.
                            I think it is just s special help for moving into the country.
                            I hope that health care system is the same for all Israeli, jew and non-jew.
                            Zobo Ze Warrior
                            --
                            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              actually I do want to know how the population will fall by 33%
                              with the children of Female Jews being considered Jews
                              are females just not having children
                              Jon Miller
                              If Israeli males aren't attractive, let try the French male ... I know at least one who is very attractive (not veru wealthy through but attractive).

I wonder if this chart count the children born from a jewish father who will demand to become jew ?
                              Zobo Ze Warrior
                              --
                              Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Re: The number of Jews in the world will fall by 33% by 2050

Originally posted by Eli
                                The number of Jews in the world will fall by 33% by 2050
                                Thank Jehovah!

Comment

Working...
                                X