Beware!!! I"m a Newbie!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaak
    kell, post a pic. that sometimes helps with the DL madness...Luckily I've been here too long to be a DL =) i think anyway...
    Hey, stuff you kaak, last time I am creating a DL. I might admit to you, and have you deleted.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

think that will work since i have been here a year and a half longer? hehe...
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Oh bother!

Why do some people HAVE TO draw attention on themselves?

When I joined Apolyton, I spent a month lurking, made a post (a question) in civ2, spent another month lurking, then started making single posts in on and off topic threads and it took months for me to dare post a topic of my own. Nobody asked me if I were a DL, even when I engaged myself in a flame war with Wraith and BD over the topic of taxes and private property.

Perhaps it has something to do with feminine vanity. Remember cutiegirl11?
        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
        George Orwell

Comment

I have never been acusaed of being a DL either

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Oh bother!

Originally posted by axi
            Why do some people HAVE TO draw attention on themselves?

oh please...... at least if i go somewhere i dont hide out waiting to be noticed... not to mention... its a message board... your supposed to make posts.... or did i just break a nonspoken rule? hehe

as for the pic...... i wouldnt mind posting one..... though i relly dont know how ...... so the next time there's a picture thread....... i'll get directions on how to do it and i'll be sure and participate.....
            DarlinKell..... =)

Comment

Re: Oh bother!

Originally posted by axi
              Yeah... I remember cutiegirl11... "She" was a male DL... so maybe "she" isn't the best example of feminine vanity
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've never been accused of being a DL either - I made many ACS-General posts before I braved the OT, so I think I had Prince before I ventured here. Tends to add some credibility.
                The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

well ya know...... as for being a male...... I"M NOT....... and i realy didnt knowthat you had to have some sort of credibility to come here or post...... is it in the rules? ...... honeslty i just came here because i wanted to meet some new ppl and see what else is out there besides the IRC chat world that i have been living in for the last year or so! But i do hope to have a good time here and post frequently about the important and non important things i have to say or just wanna say ...... and before too long ....... you'll know i'm no DL for sure!!!
                  DarlinKell..... =)

Comment

Oh yeah - I believe you. But many others won't. They'll get used to you. Eventually

Whether you'll get used to them is another matter...
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Yeah... I remember cutiegirl11... "She" was a male DL... so maybe "she" isn't the best example of feminine vanity
                      I have a weaker memory than you do, Ming.

oh please...... at least if i go somewhere i dont hide out waiting to be noticed... not to mention... its a message board... your supposed to make posts.... or did i just break a nonspoken rule? hehe
                      It's just that IMHO, you're supposed to make posts about something - you made a thread about yourself. I don't expect you to be as modest as I have been when I was new, but I expect you to understand why this attitude is beeing frowned upon.

Cheers!
                      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                      George Orwell

Comment

DAMIT

i am too late for the DL fest....ARRGGHHHHHHHH..
                        What the hell I'll say it anyways.

DL ALERT DL ALERT...okay I am better now!!!!
                        The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

and before too long ....... you'll know i'm no DL for sure!!!
                          So does that mean you'll come over tonight?
                          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Don't worry, I got one thread where after I posted for the first time here I got called a DL. Didn't last long, I think it is just a right of passage. Tradition and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by axi

I have a weaker memory than you do, Ming.

It's just that IMHO, you're supposed to make posts about something - you made a thread about yourself. I don't expect you to be as modest as I have been when I was new, but I expect you to understand why this attitude is beeing frowned upon.

Cheers!
                              axi: are you saying that determineing the proper way use your units in civ is more important that getting to know a real life breathing person? Or is pointing out the blantent evil American imperialist system is worth more than meeting someone new? She came here because I told her that it can be fun and interesting to read some of the posts and interact. And you start off like this. Just because you can't lighten up doesn't mean that everyone else has to be the same way. IMHO...

Have a nice day
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Or is pointing out the blantent evil American imperialist system is worth more than meeting someone new?
                                Yes
                                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                                X