How Much Do You Weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Do You Weigh?

The BMI Index is a reliable method of finding if what you way is about right for your height.

Here: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

At 6' 0" and 168lbs, my BMI is 22.8

Below 20 is underweight.
    20 - 25 is ideal.
    25 - 30 is overweight.
    30+ is obese.
    less than 20 (underweight)
    19.23%
    20 - 25 (just right)
    57.69%
    25 - 30 (overweight)
    13.46%
    more than 30 (a right porker!)
    9.62%
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Oh, well screw these non-metric crappy sh*t-thingies... I'm not going to vote, just out of a protest. Dammit.
    You make my life and times
    A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

.....and the basic flaw with the BMI Index is that it makes no allowance for increased muscle mass or bone structure. At his peak, Frank Bruno registered as seriously obese, despite the fact that there was barely any fat on him at all.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

23.8 @ 6'6" and 207lbs. But Bugs is right, another thing you have to take into account is body fat percentage.

Comment

The Height you entered is 5 feet, 9 inches. The Weight you entered is 155

Your Calculated BMI is: 22.9

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The BMI analysis is deeply flawed. For a start, it automatically inflates women's figures - women generally have a higher percentage of body fat, and their chest doesn't help any (not in this case, anyway ). Secondly, it takes no account of how that 150 pounds, or whatever, is built up. Ask Linford Christie, Donovan Bailey, or Arnold Schwarznegger to calculate their BMI and they'll probably show up as chronically obese - then try telling them that they are fat!
            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Laz beat me to it... ah well.
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

The Height you entered is 6 feet, 0 inches. The Weight you entered is 150

Your Calculated BMI is: 20.3

w00h00!

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                  The BMI analysis is deeply flawed. For a start, it automatically inflates women's figures - women generally have a higher percentage of body fat, and their chest doesn't help any (not in this case, anyway ). Secondly, it takes no account of how that 150 pounds, or whatever, is built up. Ask Linford Christie, Donovan Bailey, or Arnold Schwarznegger to calculate their BMI and they'll probably show up as chronically obese - then try telling them that they are fat!
                  I accept the criticisms.

The BMI Index is made for the man on the street, not the professional bodybuilder. If you are such, feel free to ignore your results...
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Ade
                    Oh, well screw these non-metric crappy sh*t-thingies... I'm not going to vote, just out of a protest. Dammit.
                    Weight in kilos/(Height in metres)2 = BMI
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

a slight bit overweight (which I knew)

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: 23.8

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                        Weight in kilos/(Height in metres)2 = BMI
                        Yeah. But I'm a man of the principal. Oh, wait... well, whatever I already know that I'm under 20, it runs in the family. I usually eat twice the amount that a guy a lot heavier than me would eat, and don't do sports at all, but I still stay as my skinny self. Usually it goes around 16-18. I'm still as healthy as a goat.
                        You make my life and times
                        A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

There's another group that get poorly served by the BMI- and that group is teenagers. The BMI is aimed firmly at adults that have stopped growing, not your average gangly teen. The "normal" teenager gets a lower BMI than the "normal" adult.

Take yourself as an example, Boddingtons. You're 18/19 aren't you? That means you're unlikely to grow any taller, but will almost certainly gain more muscle mass and will notice an increase in your chest and collar sizes over the next few years as your body takes on it's mature adult form.

Having said that, it's interesting that you're already in the heavy half of the "normal" BMI rating. At 18 I would have rated as slightly underweight, as would many teenagers. At 31 I now rate a 25.7, a rating which reflects that I've developed my father's big ribcage and cart-horse thighs.

Now the pictures I've seen of you all portray a chubby-cheeked young cherub, which suggests that you're either carrying the lingering traces of puppy-fat or have acquired some hamster genes at some point. Either way, you're hardly a light-weight among you rake-thin peers. As I said, you're already in the heavy half of the "normal" rating, and can you guess which way that's going to head? Yep- you guessed it. I estimate you'll be over the 25 rating by the age of 24/25.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

At age 19, 5'8 and 8st (or 122lb, about 50kg), I come up as BMI of 17.0.

But I knew I was thin anyway.
                            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

At eighteen I had a BMI of 29 (measured at Conscription), now I assume it's a bit above 30. I'll tell you exactly if you get me a metric BMI calculator...

Oh, okay, found one- it's somewhere in the 30-31 range.

I still think it's a bad indicator of health- a wise man once said that it's better to be fat and physically active (me) than thin and physically inactive (possibly quite many on these boards).
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                              X