No announcement yet.

Mornington Crescent - The Nisbet Strikes Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look- I hate to be picky and spoil the flow of the game, but Seneca's Chiswick Park move was a foul. We're nowhere near open play yet.

Given that no four-line variants have been attempted yet, I think the fairest option is a free drop on Ravenscourt Park. It favours Imran more than I'd like but at least we won't see any moebius-line endgames. I only have one life to live, after all.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I thought I had an opening for a late-starter then, but Bugs went and took it.

I'll just sit back and watch the game unravel.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Aha, things are looking up for me with Laz's introduction!

Queensway looks to be a splendid move, no doubt!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
          I'm a quick study.
          What, you're a fast-moving room for private contemplation?

I shall make my presence felt in this game with a quick diagonal shimmy up the Central to South Ruislip
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Time for a bit of late-game insurance before it all goes €XtRa-manic.
            Stratford
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ohh very strategic, IW. The obvious move after Stratford is South Kensington, thus leaving it open for you to go straight to Mornington Crescent. However, High St. Kensington is also valid, and blocks your next, gamewinning move!
              Too young to die, too rich to care.
              Too f***ed to swear that I was there.

Computer games make your children smell like hammers

Comment

Dollis Hill.

I believe the Ruesky-Boshington maneuver shall foil quite a many clever plans by players here, shan't it?
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Some but not all Stefu. Your move all but cancels out soma's, thanks to the 1988 Fitzgibbon Injunction
                  Leaving Tower Hill a very attractive prospect.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Paddington (Hammersmith & City)
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

You know, I've never once won a round of Mornington Crescent. I feel that may change.

Covent Garden.

Right- play is now open. Imran is currently opening as default interlocutor but he's badly exposed to Immortal Wombat on Piccadilly. IW you have an cross-field initiative but unless you open up King's Cross I'm going to plaster you all over Circle Line.

Provost- hello? Are you still in touch with Earth? You're about to get reamed if you don't shunt out very soon.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Bugs, you are so right about KX. So right, in fact, that I feel I may have to get the jump on IW and play it myself...

King's Cross! Have at you! and may my three nisbets adorning the Bakerloo cause you internal haemorraging
                        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Oh, you've all left it so wide open! The famous 1867 Victoria Gambit comes to play here for the win:

Mornington Crescent!

It seems I've won my first game!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The famous 1867 Victoria Gambit comes to play here for the win:
                            Ah, but you forget the 1987 Beckingshouse addition: When at least two players have used the double-mobian flitworthification, the 1867 Victoria Gambit can't be used. And from what I've seen, Bugs ****ing Bunny and Immortal Wombat have definitely used the double-mobian flitworthification. Therefore, your move is invalid.

Frankly, I'm amazed you forgot 1987 Beckingshouse addition. Might it be possible you know nothing about finer points of Mornington Crescent, thinking it just ruse to fool the gullible instead of marvellous though complex game of intelligent that it is?

Now then!

Uxbridge.
                            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Ah, but you don't realize that we are playing using Brownian rules and not the antiquated Queen's Rules. Therefore my move is legal and winning, and yours is just balderdash.

Comment

Ah, but you don't realize that we are playing using Brownian rules and not the antiquated Queen's Rules.
                                Silly Imran! As everyone knows, Queen's Rules went out of general use in 1980, and with Beckingshouse addition coming enforce in 1987, it is natural that it applies to Brownian rules only! In fact, if we had been engorging in bit of nostalgia and using Queen's Rules, your move would have been proper, but now, alas, it's just bollocks. So nyah nyah nyah!

Uxbridge, Uxbridge. Any challengers for Uxbridge?

Comment

Working...
                                X