No announcement yet.

Appaling picture of teenage America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better for your health? Explain to me how anything that affects your mind in unusual ways is good.
    Tobaccoo is bad, but it does not affect your reasoning or judgement, therefore I don't think t should fall under the "get rid of at all costs" category. If people still smoke after all those TV specials and nicorette commercials, then they're obviously killing themselves on purpose.
    How can anyone purposely and knowingly want to not have copmlete control of their actions and reasoning? That's like saying, "My mind is going to go on vacation for awhile, so I'm letting Fred, the slighty misguided guy, have control for awhile..."
    Then people say, "It loosens me up", yeah, like whatever you do while under the influence you could never do without it, if you want to make an ass out of yourself, it doesn't take drugs.
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

• so to relax and forget about your problems, release stress etc every now and then isn't good for your mental health?
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by MacTBone
        How can anyone purposely and knowingly want to not have copmlete control of their actions and reasoning?
        Are you kidding?
        People naturally lose complete control of their actions once their hormones get all worked up anyway.

MacTBone: Nobody's forcing you to do any of it, why is it a big deal if someone else does?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I just can't understand it, that's all. Plus, if your mind is altered, you could do any number of things that are dangerous to anybody around you, it's not like you go into a cocoon when you're high.

Are you saying some people can't relax without mind altering drugs? I always thought, reading a book, a massage, etc. were ways to relieve stress...
          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
          New faces...Strange places,
          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I just can't understand it, that's all. Plus, if your mind is altered, you could do any number of things that are dangerous to anybody around you, it's not like you go into a cocoon when you're high.

Are you saying some people can't relax without mind altering drugs? I always thought, reading a book, a massage, etc. were ways to relieve stress...
            Well, there probably are people who can't relax without mind altering drugs.

You seem to forget that everyone's different. You enjoy reading books, I hate it, you may enjoy a massage, other people don't want people touching them at all.

The same argument can be made against such evils as Television. Are you saying some people can't live without television? Of course they could live without television, but if they enjoy watching television why not let them have at it?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

it's not like you go into a cocoon when you're high.
              That happened to me once. I emerged as a beautiful butterfly whose thousand-mile-long wings revealed themselves, on close inpection, to be entirely made up of naked women tossing their hair around in slow-motion.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
              X