Misconceptions about American Food.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misconceptions about American Food.

Europeans, I've made this thread just for you.

I'll start by asking, what is it that you think is American Food?

Hmm... I appeared to have deleted almost all of my text. Threadjackers, want a shot at this?

Comment

AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS FREAKIN PLACE!!!? Talk people or I'm going go break things...

Comment

I'm an American and I don't know what American food is.

Comment

edited to remove profanity and mad ravings of a lunatic.
          Last edited by Evan von Christoph; January 12, 2002, 22:48.

Comment

American Food is Fast Food. I don't think there is room for misconception, since it has become a global 'experience'.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Fast food is not what Americans eat all the time... When you go home for a home cooked meal you don't eat burgers and fries.

Comment

American Food is Fast Food.
                #1 misconception.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The general conception of American food is "fast food". I'm not sure that's fair, but it's probably right.

Does the USA have a "national dish"? I very much doubt it... other than whatever is eaten on Thanksgiving (pumpkin pie?), I would imagine that to eat in the USA would be a truely cosmopolitan experience. You can't pigeonhole "American food" because I'm not entirely sure it even exists...

Anyone agree?
                  Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

nope
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Care to give examples?

Comment

Well, apple pie is usually associated with the US...also hot dogs....burgers, I dunno lots of stuff probably...personally I just eat what I feel like and don't worry about where its from.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Of course there is other american food outside of Fast Food, but that doesn't matter - It's the food which is associated with america both from it's own citzens, and from people all over the world. It is the american food.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hot-dogs = fast food. Burgers = fast food. Kentucky Fried Chicken = fast food.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 17:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X