Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Opinion Of People Who Have Been In The Military Is Very Low? Don;t Dare Remove T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd never serve in the military, and therefore I respect the people who are willing to much more than I otherwise would. I realize that we need a military to survive (or, in Canada, we need America's military to survive).

What I don't like is that some people somehow get into the military and don't realize it means possibly putting their life on the line. It's a volunteer organization; they give you a gun and expect you to be able to use it to kill other people. It follows that on the other side, someone's getting a gun and being expected to use it to kill you. That's what fighting's all about.
    I refute it thus!
    "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Pardon my picking on your laziness, Imran - but that emoticon should be banned, along with your sorry ass.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Which is quite fine, Imran.
        I respect almost anybody more than I respect you.

Originally posted by Zylka
        Pardon my picking on your laziness, Imran - but that emoticon should be banned, along with your sorry ass.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
          Wellington described his troops as the scum, the worst of humanity, theives and robbers
          Of course. Arthur Wellesley was a duke. Undoubtedly, he had that view of anyone not of the nobility. Fortunately for King and Country, he was the relatively rare exception who actually had some talent, in a system where one's breeding and social standing was considered the primary qualification for senior command.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I know a couple of people who have been in the military and I am happy to say to their face that it is a load of bollocks. Most of them, from my experience, look down on 'civvies' and they think that they are the ones protecting us.

It is infact us who are protecting them, by putting them into a mindless career and making them institutionalised so they can become a part of society.

Most of us know the types that go into the army, mindless thugs or those that want to run from something. I even had a mate that got a girl pregnant and said 'f*ck it... I'll join the army'

They all think it's a nice cushy little number, then they moan and whine when they get called to war, and the ones that don't just want to kill something. They seem to forget why the get that nice little income.

Ahem.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              I'm disappointed Imran. You took the easy way out.

As for the topic at hand.

I can see where some of the non military types can take a lot of what the vets say as arrogance. Because they have certain insights into the military society that the civilians don't have. The civs get their information from second hand sources including

1. TV/newspaper opinion articles
              2. Those who washed out of service or who hated it while they were in.
              3. Academics who spent their entire lives inside a classroom

They get a picture of the military types that love war and generaly want to somehow interfere with their rights. They feel secure with the knowledge that their country is so far out of the way that the military is not necessary. What they forget, is that their future enemies will not be made up of people like them who think things are impossible. It will be made up of people who are told to do the impossible and then do it. The general view of the Japanese before WWII was that they did not possess the technology, or the will power to strike at the US on American territory. We found out different. And before time is through with this little planet of ours, so shall everyone eventually.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

That's what I'm talking about.
                I do have respect for the majority of people in the military, but unlike you, my respect is conditional. If that person in the military can't respect that the military isn't for everyone, and proceeds to call the people who don't want to join "ignorant little poindexters", that respect is lost. You're nothing but a troll hiding behind the guise of military service. Doesn't cut it, old man. Not one bit.

MtG, Chris62, et. al, now those are people I respect.
                You don't notice a post unles it calls you by name, which illustrates to perfection your self centered and loathsome views.
                If you did, you'd have seen me reference, again, other options than military service.
                You would have notice me saying many weren't suited to serve.
                You would have also noticed that I said I couldn't care less what your opinion of me happens to be.
                So the real troll is a young pup by the name of Asher.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This thread is hilarious. Keep it going guys.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Here's where some of you people's logic is screwed.

You hate the thought of conscription (join the crowd).
                    Yet you hate people that volunteer.
                    The reason for conscription, is because not enough volunteer.

Doesn't make any sense, and shows an extreme lack of reasoning ability.
                    Last edited by SlowwHand; December 23, 2001, 11:12.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                    X