Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Opinion Of People Who Have Been In The Military Is Very Low? Don;t Dare Remove T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion Of People Who Have Been In The Military Is Very Low? Don;t Dare Remove T

I want to set you straight on something, bumpkin.
    Without someone serving in the military, you would be up to your ass in alligators.
    If you don't want to serve, that's one thing, but to make such an ignorant comment lie you did is disgusting.
    Had I to do over again, I'd turn people like you over to the oppresor in a heart beat.
    I'm sick to death of hearing little spoon fed babes talk such ignorant trash.
    You know who you are, and I feel not at all uncomfortable telling you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
    If you don't agree, tough.
    I've had worse on my eyeball; and been called much worse by much better people than your little pampered ass.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Slowwhand, to whom are you refering to?

Comment

Shut up and knock back a few, paiktis. Obviously SlowwHand got us started.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You keep forgeting I'm not an american Asher Use phrases that exist in english grammar books or I don;t understand a thing (that means take it easy on the slang? )

Comment

Get drunk.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

edit: 9 o 'clock in the morning is a bit too soon

Comment

I agree that Higgsy's comment was a bit much. I respect the job people volunteer to do when they join up.

I don't, however, respect the attitude that some veterans appear to have regarding those who don't join up. (Not talking to you in particular, Slowwhand)

The military's not, and shouldn't be for everybody.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We've been through this with SlowwHand before. He's being kinda egocentric, but that's to be expected with Texans.

He assumes what he believes in and what he's interested in should be what everyone else believes in, also. World doesn't work like that.

I respect people no matter what they do (sorta). I respect garbage men, CEOs, military people, etc. I don't respect criminals (in the sense of real criminal activity, not stuff like smoking weed).

That being said, the only military branch I was remotely interested in was the Air Force, but my eyesight kinda sucks. No air force for me, no military for me. That's fine though, I can contribute to my nation in other ways. Doesn't have to be through service like SlowwHand seems to think.

Comment

but you're canadian Asher. What the fook would an american want to do with a canadian?

do I say to an italian what to do with his life?

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                    but you're canadian Asher. What the fook would an american want to do with a canadian?
                    What he's talking about isn't specific to America. His position is people have to sign up for their country's military service to serve it. IIRC, he supported mandatory military service like what Israel has, but for America.

Comment

well Greece has mandatory conscription too but it is on its way to be abolished (and the creation of an 100% proffessional army is on its way).

I say that's good.

Comment

All he's asking for is a little respect. Soldiers put their lives on the line, fighting for those who can't (or won't). The soldier is fighting for a cause. He fights for his friends and family. He fights for his country. He fights for his and his fellow citizen's freedoms. Yes, the soldier is just a man. And there are many jerks in the military. There are many idiots too. But they're putting their asses on the line to protect you. I don't blame him for being pissed when some little two-bit punk, who has never experienced real life or done anything worthwhile, comes up and insults his honor. Show some ****ing respect or shut up!
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Well, to be fair, he blasts people who say they're not interested in the military. If he wants respect, he has to start respecting others that have different ideologies than he has.

Serving in the military doesn't automatically make him a hero or worthy of respect. By default, it does. But he's been such an ass to me about my thoughts on not joining the service that he lost my respect a while ago.

Comment

Dashi actually that's one of the main reasons I respect people like Slowwhand, Chris 62, MtG and Sikander. Because they have served.

I respect them despite disagreeing with them on many issues.

(that means I'll declare my disagreement but I will never offend them - be provocative to them)

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                              Dashi actually that's one of the main reasons I respect people like Slowwhand, Chris 62, MtG and Sikander. Because they have served.

I respect them despite disagreeing with them on many issues.

(that means I'll declare my disagreement but I will never offend them - be provocative to them)
                              Is fighting for your country The True American Thing to do?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X