Growing up to be right-wing/conservative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing up to be right-wing/conservative

Its seems that a lot of people start off left-wing and liberal but when they get older they tend to move to the right. About 5 years ago I was definitely more left than I am now. I still agree with certain left-wing positions on certain issues (like abortion) but overall I am more conservative now.

I never heard of someone becoming more liberal as they got older, it always seems to be the other way around. Is this because a lot of left-wing/liberal ideas are naive and childish?

I bet thats why there are so many lefties on this forum. You're all a bunch of teens who want to be in the "communist party".

You'll understand what I mean when you get older...
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

we call it typical US brainwashing

ideologies are crap... why can't you rate an issue by the circumstances rather than your own leanings?

a year or 2 ago, I tried to find the answers to everything in the extremes, was liek Giancarlo.... now I'm pretty indifferent about all that right-left crap...

Comment

I never heard of someone becoming more liberal as they got older, it always seems to be the other way around. Is this because a lot of left-wing/liberal ideas are naive and childish?

I bet thats why there are so many lefties on this forum. You're all a bunch of teens who want to be in the "communist party".
      I totally agree with you, but you are misuisng/bastardising the word liberal a heck of a lot.

Left-wingers are immature, childish, and don't live in the real world. Students who expect more and more money from the taxpayer, etc.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        we call it typical US brainwashing

ideologies are crap... why can't you rate an issue by the circumstances rather than your own leanings?

a year or 2 ago, I tried to find the answers to everything in the extremes, was liek Giancarlo.... now I'm pretty indifferent about all that right-left crap...
        I dont really stick to any particular ideology. I still agree with the left when it comes to abortion, trade unions and a couple of other things.

Its easier to say you are left or right on an issue than explain your position in detail...im lazy, so sue me...

Comment

Originally posted by Infatuation

I totally agree with you, but you are misuisng/bastardising the word liberal a heck of a lot.
          That comes from living in the US where liberal=left-wing.

Comment

I dont really stick to any particular ideology.
            Me neither, in a way. In the UK, the left-wing is the pro-Euro side. However, I am pro-Euro too.

So I maintain that pro-Euro is the true right-wing position - pro-free trade, pro-freedom, etc. A single currency enhances trade, enables higher prosperity. And that is what every right-winger favours.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Me neither, in a way. In the UK, the left-wing is the pro-Euro side. However, I am pro-Euro too.

So I maintain that pro-Euro is the true right-wing position - pro-free trade, pro-freedom, etc. A single currency enhances trade, enables higher prosperity. And that is what every right-winger favours.
              I guess a lot of right-wingers are isolationists as well, so that may be why they are not pro-europe in the UK...

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

I guess a lot of right-wingers are isolationists as well, so that may be why they are not pro-europe in the UK...
                Aye...probably...but paradoxically there's higher British support for war in Afghanistan amongst the right-wingers here...isolationism?
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Growing up to be right-wing/conservative

Originally posted by Caligastia
                  You have now. Me. My right-wing ideas from 8-9 years ago were childish. Then again I was a child back then...

Left-wingers are immature, childish, and don't live in the real world. Students who expect more and more money from the taxpayer, etc
                  What a thing for a little first-year to say. You're more of a child than most other people here, Infat.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What a thing for a little first-year to say. You're more of a child than most other people here, Infat.

I notice you don't have the brainpower to counter my facts.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

those are not facts but plain childish accusations, without any base

and before you call me anything in that direction, I'm not a left winger, I'm just noticing how irrational your discussion tends to be nowadays

Comment

Which facts are you referring to, brat?

Left-wingers are immature, childish, and don't live in the real world. Students who expect more and more money from the taxpayer, etc
                        A single currency enhances trade, enables higher prosperity. And that is what every right-winger favours
                        &c.

Your "facts" are reminding me more and more of Giancarlo's every day. As a matter of fact, this arguing about what the "true right-wing position" is reminds me of the cute little banter Boobie and Giannie engage each other in.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I notice you don't have the brainpower to counter my facts.

Accuse me of laziness, but you calling me stupid just makes me laugh. I'll take any standardized test you want and come up at least two standard deviations above you.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Krazyhorse, if you intend to come here and bicker and moan without contributing a thing of use, you might as well leave the thread right now.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Are you sure everyone gets ice cream and a pony?
                              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                              X