Math Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F#ck.
    I know the feeling,when I found the solution after an hour of torturing my brain,I really wanted tohit myself,so easy

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

• I didn't know you were allowed to use ()'s and /'s more than one time, else I would easily made it.

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_funk
        I didn't know you were allowed to use ()'s and /'s more than one time, else I would easily made it.
        seems like you missed something,my initial post stated:
        maybe you like this one:
        create 24 by using +,-,x,:
        and the numbers 1,3,4,6
        You may only use the numbers 1 time each and you have to use them 1 time each.
        Oeps...

Shade
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

• create 24 by using +,-,x,:
          Thought you were obliged to use all characters.

And it said nothing about allowance of paranthesis.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            c) 0.00000007151=P of W the NL

0.00000007151=Probability of Winning the National(?) Lottery

It's the same odds as the 6/49 over here; 1/13900000 or so
            Yep!
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• stop making excuses bah!

nice trick... i was thinking something like that... but i was adding down there instead of subracting so it would never come out right.....
              I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_funk
                create 24 by using +,-,x,:
                Thought you were obliged to use all characters.

And it said nothing about allowance of paranthesis.
                Now I get the impression you are looking for an excuse,to me it looks clear that you are only allowed to use the basic math-operations.(else you could start using powers,Faculties,...)

Shade

Comment

• Originally posted by Chowlett

k) 6=RS in FD
                  Regular Shapes in Four Dimensions
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• So Chowlett, any chance of the answers to the questions. I am particularly puzzled by the 3.1415... question. Sure its the beginnings of pi, but what does LN mean?
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X