A racist thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drake
    Well it's almost impossible to determine cal. As I stated, such a minute percentage of people actually come anywhere close to their genetic potential that it's close to being an irrelevent statistic.
    Its not impossible to determine at all. The human genome project is unveiling many ways in which genetics influence our lives. Fulfilling their genetic potential is not the only way an intelligent person will be noticably smarter. An intelligent person reaching 50% of their potential is still going to be smarter than a less intelligent person who reaches 50% of their potential.

Who cares if a white guy has a greater capacity to learn than a black guy? It doesn't mean that he/she will become smarter than a black person who has lesser potential.
    But the chances are greater and it helps explain why certain races achieve less than others.

Yes, we all can only do so much with what we were given, but as far as conventional, every day intelligence and logic, race doesnt really matter. It almost all has to do with enviornment.
    Thats not strictly true, but environment certainly shaped the genetic path of the different races.

A naturally born genius is worthless without the right environment and nurturing. A mediocre mind can far exceed a genius mind if that is developed properly.
    I agree to a point, but I think that a genius mind will eventually overcome a bad environment in most cases.

Bottom line is, potential anything is a meaningless thing for the most part. It says nothing. Proves nothing. In the scheme of life is irrelevent.
    How can you say its irrelevant? Surely greater potential is better than lesser.

In the end all this potential crap might do is provide an excuse for someone that is a failure. IE - I got cut from the team because I was a white boy (not because I was lazy and had a lousy work ethic) or I didn't get an A because I am black and the test is racist (rather than, I didn't get an A because I didn't study hard enough and I had a lousy work ethic).
    They are already making these excuses.

Humans have slight variations, but we're all basically the same. Trying to pick apart differences just seems so pointless!
    I think its important to know what makes us different and understand it.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Obviously, stupidity knows no ethnic bounds.

I went to City schools growing up and it is my observation that Blacks are IMO less intelligent than the other races.
        And in my school experiences, Asians do consistently better than whites. Would it be reasonable to assume that Asians are more intelligent than "other races?"

It has also been shown that the average black kid and the average white kid will not have the same potential for brainpower and athleticism.
        Bull****. How do you test for "potential?"

Blacks on the Carribean Islands outperform blacks in the US (and IIRC, whites in the US). Is one group smarter than another?
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Re: Obviously, stupidity knows no ethnic bounds.

Originally posted by Ramo
          Blacks on the Carribean Islands outperform blacks in the US (and IIRC, whites in the US).
          In what way? Doobie smoking?

Comment

Take it from a guy who deals with the bodies of people of all races on a day to day basis, there are plenty of smelly white people around! I've even had some asian stinkers. Often the frequency that the person changes and cleans their clothes has more to do with their B.O. than the frequency of body washing. Perhaps paiktis' neighbors only own one set of clothes.

Regarding the question of the performance of asians, please remember that there is a skew in the class of people who make the trip from asia to the US; a disproportionate number of them are professionals. Family structure also seems to have an effect, asian children are taught to value the esteem of their parents and to value education. In the US black family structure is pretty well shot.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Oh, BTW, gene studies show that Africans have a greater genetic diversity than whites or asians simply because they are the oldest population. This fact would tend to make me think that one should find a greater diversity of intelligence among Africans.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
              X