Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Has Improved The Most At English Out Of The Foreigners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has Improved The Most At English Out Of The Foreigners?

My vote is split between Stefu and Andz (Ecthelion). Just look at Stefu's choices in the branched thread poll....Now I also say Andz because I remember for months he would finish ICQ conversations with "I go now". It was quite funny at the time..me and PH used to take the piss. But he seems to have improved a lot as well.

Vote.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Me me me!
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

oh well, I'm feeling so flattered

BTW, Stefu makes horrendous mistakes if you ask me, but Idon't even want to know what others think about my style

Oh, and Eli has improved as well! at least he has improved in concerns like using only ONE past tense form in a simple past construction instead of 2, namely modal AND actual verb

you did not improved, eh?

Comment

Well, I am a foreigner and am in IB English... go figure.

My vote is.... well, umm, I really haven't listened to people enough in a extended time span.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Colon is by far the most improved. He puts everyone else to shame easily.

Nobody else comes close.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Colon is cool at the language, that is true... but then, nobody asked you

Comment

Deutschlander,

My opinon is the most important on this board.

I speak, therefore I am.

Gut? Ja, SEHR gut.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hard to say.

Andy is quite good at english, and he has helped guys like BeBro with translations for scenarios.

Kantaloupe speaks English with slang quite well, almost like it's his first language.

Have to say it's a draw.

Dookie needs work, IMO.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

ottok!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Etchelion? Ha! That throckmortonous grinnich's wretcheys at using the English can only be retchumed and kohartoneyed at. I treatle in his general direction!

That dormy little cratchet!
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

"Dookie needs work, IMO"

Kantaloupie is a close second.

Andz also very good.

Comment

One word about those who are not particularly famous for being almost perfect at speaking English -

There is not a single non-native on this board who is not able to phrase his points. And even those who some bastards like me tend to make the most fun of (one of the earlier posters comes to mind ) have actually been improving (is it right this time, Eli? ) quite well, though they have actually never been 'bad' at the language in any way.

I must admit that I'm frequently told how good speak the language (by Apolytoners and English teachers as well), and how much I have improved since I joined here (not by English teachers though). But then, when I read old threads, I can't see what I would do differently nowadays, regarding grammar and all. Apparently, it is also a question of very difficile changes which foreigners just wouldn't notice.

All in all, I must say I'm impressed how few of us actua... *interrupts writing the post, checks new ICQ messages*

*changes plan*

Oh well, Eli speaks fine English, really!!

Seriously though Eli, you used to be worse than nowadays. And in your case, it's not about adapting to slang phrases and all, thus making Apolytoenrs believe you're good at speaking English, you have improved your style as well.

And that's what I dislike about these odes.. some of us have just become better in speaking slang, reading posts by Inf and all
                        But we want to be able to speak it properly, not in a Mancunian way

Comment

Kantaloupe speaks English with slang quite well
                          Slang?
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Lalala
                            Last edited by Eli; November 14, 2001, 16:13.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Now look what he said himself, the twirp from East Europe.

Don't expect nice words of me anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X