Dutch Apolyton Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Apolyton Meeting

Any Dutch geek worth his salt probably knows about the upcoming HCC-dagen (the biggest computer fair in the Netherlands) at the jaarbeurs in the city of Utrecht (23/24/25 nov). I'm certainly planning to go but I thought it would be fun to organize an Apolytoners meeting while there. My own plan would be to do it on a saturday (24 nov). We can either meet at a specific place while at the fair (there's a restaurant on the first floor that's relatively quiet seen my previous experiences) or at the end of the day and get a drink and something to eat somewhere in Utrecht.

Here's some info about the fair (in Dutch)

If you're interested please post in this thread or contact me by PM. Also try to inform any other Dutch posters on Apolyton about this meeting.

Tot binnenkort, misschien!
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Timetable clash, arrgh!

There is a Leeds meet that weekend, and curiously despite going to Leeds I live closer to Utrecht. Can't change my plans now though.

Perhaps we can set up a videolink.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

WHY HAVEN'T WE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE???

Originally posted by CapTVK
      Any Dutch geek worth his salt probably knows about the upcoming HCC-dagen (the biggest computer fair in the Netherlands) at the jaarbeurs in the city of Utrecht (23/24/25 nov). I'm certainly planning to go but I thought it would be fun to organize an Apolytoners meeting while there. My own plan would be to do it on a saturday (24 nov). We can either meet at a specific place while at the fair (there's a restaurant on the first floor that's relatively quiet seen my previous experiences) or at the end of the day and get a drink and something to eat somewhere in Utrecht.

Here's some info about the fair (in Dutch)

If you're interested please post in this thread or contact me by PM. Also try to inform any other Dutch posters on Apolyton about this meeting.

Tot binnenkort, misschien!
      ...I've never been to the HCC-dagen...I'm interested...I'll have to take a day off from work off though...but let's see what the Dutch community thinks

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
        Timetable clash, arrgh!

There is a Leeds meet that weekend, and curiously despite going to Leeds I live closer to Utrecht. Can't change my plans now though.

Two Apolyton meetings!? Talk about coincidence

Oh well, there's bound to be TONS of internet terminals around were I'm going to so we can always do a live coverage right at the OT forum.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

Re: WHY HAVEN'T WE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE???

Originally posted by Zopper

...I've never been to the HCC-dagen...I'm interested...I'll have to take a day off from work off though...but let's see what the Dutch community thinks

Glad I posted this more than a month in advance then. Hope you can make it.

Comment

Maybe some of our Belgian co-Polytubbies want to tag along...

Colon...? Mercator...?

Comment

I prefer a meeting on a weekday. That way I can travel for free with my OV
              Who in his right mind would want to go to some stupid computer fair anyway!
              By the way, maybe I should contact Dr. Oogkloot once upon a time. He´s studying at the same place I am, but I´ve never really seen him (or maybe I have, but I didn´t know it was him).

OH NO!!! I can´t possibly go the 24th of November. I´ll have to sit at home and mourn (or go to a tribute concert and party). It´s the 10th anniversary of Freddie Mercury´s death!
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                I prefer a meeting on a weekday. That way I can travel for free with my OV
                I have weekend OV...

By the way, maybe I should contact Dr. Oogkloot once upon a time. He´s studying at the same place I am, but I´ve never really seen him (or maybe I have, but I didn´t know it was him).
                Doc's my best friend...I'll ask him about you...maybe he knows you...BTW...were you @ the Wetenschapsdag on October 7th...?

Comment

I can be there I think.

Or how about the Star Trek convention in Nieuwegein in early November

Or anything else. It's all fine with me
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Is the Efteling still open...?

Comment

I have weekend OV...
                      That means one of us will have to pay.

Doc's my best friend...I'll ask him about you...maybe he knows you...

Sure. I´ve posted some pics in the late Apolyton beauty contests, so he might have recognized me. But then again, I´ve hardly ever been at the Euclides building the last 15 months or so... Which basically means he´s had little chance to see me (he´s a 2nd years student now, yes?)

BTW...were you @ the Wetenschapsdag on October 7th...?

Not that I know.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

It´s pretty sad so many Dutch people are up this late. Especially all the little kids around here!

Comment

Hey! Watch who you're calling a little kid...pops!

Besides...I'm still busy with a little something...almost done though...

Comment

Besides...I'm still busy with a little something...almost done though...
                            *looks at "hottest woman" thread *

hmmm, somehow everything just becomes clear to me... Did it take that long for one lousy pic?

Comment

Wow...

forgot how many dutch posters there are.
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X