Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who like to criticize the Mac Mini. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed
    I still don't see how your type of security, which is no real security at all, is a good thing.

We don't drive without licenses; why should we let people on the internet without some rudimentary education, like...

DON'T ****ING OPEN ATTATCHMENTS FROM PEOPLE YOU DON'T ****ING KNOW!

For an educator, you seem to not really care whether people learn how to use tools properly or not.
    Ha! I told this a hundred times. They still keep doing this, because they'd rather pay me $20 to fix it than to change their behavior.

So I stopped fixing it

Comment

I just don't get it. If a complete stranger sent you a brown parcel that was ticking and was accompanied by a poorly spelled note saying,

"In heer is nakid pikturs of Ana Kornikova!!"

Most people wouldn't open it.

Yet they do with email.

****ers need a computing license, maybe.
      B♭3

Comment

I just don't get it. If a complete stranger sent you a brown parcel that was ticking and was accompanied by a poorly spelled note saying,

"In heer is nakid pikturs of Ana Kornikova!!"

Most people wouldn't open it.

The analogy is broken. If you opened it with a mac, you would get the naked pics and nothing else. It's like sexual liberation all over again.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          The analogy is broken. If you opened it with a mac, you would get the naked pics and nothing else. It's like sexual liberation all over again.
          And if you lived in Nebraska, chances are it's not an evil package either.

Doesn't mean it's fun to live in Nebraska, or it's a good choice.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Mac Mini

Asher, why do you consider Voodoo better than Alienware?

Comment

Because it's Canadian, of course.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                XP has no real selling points.
                How about that all software works for it out of the bag?
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Networking abilities, and the way that users are controlled.
                  and the fact I didn't have to pay for the pro edition

Comment

Do you know nothing of the terrorists?
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

How about that all software works for it out of the bag?
                      and no hard crashes

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

Do you know nothing of the terrorists?
                        I know they use Linux with GPGP.

Comment

• I know they use Linux

Well, they need a secure OS.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Mac mini leads Windows switch - stock is short

By Macworld staff

If making users switch is part of the plan, Apple's new Mac mini is accomplishing its mission.

USA Today reports fast sales of the new Mac (and iPod shuffle) in the US on Saturday, with some Windows users describing the affordable Mac mini as the catalyst to switch.

With the debut of the Mac mini, Walt Mossberg is getting a lot of email from Windows users considering switching to Mac. They are fed up with viruses and spyware, love their iPods and have held back until now because Macs seem expensive.

Windows users ready to switch

"If my email from readers is any indication, more Windows users are thinking of switching to Apple's Macs than at any time in a decade," Mossberg writes, calling Mac mini, "a good choice for Windows users on a budget who are tempted to switch. It's not a technological breakthrough, but it may just be one of Apple's smartest business moves."

Analysts agree: "I believe the Mac mini is actually going to have more of an impact on Apple's market share position than their digital music efforts have so far," said IDC analyst Roger Kay told Reuters.

Windows-using South African journalist Allan Jackson agrees: "I have written articles which some construed as being critical of Apple," but concedes, "The Mac mini is quite simply the cutest and most adorable young computer you have ever seen."

"The minute I saw a picture of the Mac mini I wanted one. I'm a PC user and I can't think why I would want one, but I do, they're that cute."

Mac mini means long wait

It appears Apple has another hit on its hands, with the online Apple Store orders already seeing a three to four week wait, both in the US and the UK.

Tim Deal, an analyst with Technology Business Research.It's a good sign; obviously people are excited about it,

Describing "incredible" demand, Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris gave TheStreet.com the company's usual new product launch line: "Demand is difficult to predict," she said, "we're working very hard to ramp production of both new products as fast as we can."

Shrewd Apple acumen makes dangerous beast

Success threatens Apple's competition, suggests eWeek: "Apple has long been highly profitable with only a two per cent to three per cent market share. Should the company boost this to four or even five per cent, its profits - and thus its ability to increase its spending on marketing and development - would also be significantly increased, raising the prospect of the company simply being able to blow away its less profitable rivals."
                            You know, I just can't wait to see the sales figures on this thing.

Depsite the stock of the Mac Mini being short for the time being, I don't think Apple will have a problem keeping up with the demand for it. I do believe that, like the iPod, Apple engineered the Mac Mini as something that could be manufactured in very-high volume. That's smart thinking, Apple. Very smart!
                            HAVE A DAY.
                            <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
                            "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                            For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

• There is actually no evidence to this article. The incredible demand? There is no incredible demand of the Mini Trash. The Mini Trash is not a budget machine as it does not include the monitor. It was not smart. The article is misleading. It tries to claim something without actually providing figures. Go figure.. it is from a Mac fan boy. It is also a noted fact, that Apple's personal computing market declined as of late. Adorable? No the Mac Mini is stupid. It isn't adorable. A black lab is adorable. Because the Mini Mac maybe "affordable" it is not competitive because it is garbage, made with crappy components. Even Dells exceed it. This is why the article is not right.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
                                There is actually no evidence to this article. The incredible demand? There is no incredible demand of the Mini Trash. The Mini Trash is not a budget machine as it does not include the monitor. It was not smart. The article is misleading. It tries to claim something without actually providing figures. Go figure.. it is from a Mac fan boy. It is also a noted fact, that Apple's personal computing market declined as of late. Adorable? No the Mac Mini is stupid. It isn't adorable. A black lab is adorable. Because the Mini Mac maybe "affordable" it is not competitive because it is garbage, made with crappy components. Even Dells exceed it. This is why the article is not right.
                                Prove it, MS fan boi.
                                HAVE A DAY.
                                <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
                                "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                                For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Working...
                                X