Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who like to criticize the Mac Mini. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who like to criticize the Mac Mini. . .

Click Here

Have a nice day!
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

bump
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

If I was going to be a new computer, I'd consider a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
        If I was going to be a new computer, I'd consider a Mac.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Some good points with regard to the video card, but the 9200 really isn't much either, considering the video RAM. Also, he has an excellent point with regard to XP Home. Who really uses XP Home?

The biggest difference between the two is that the Mac Mini has a 1.2 GHz G4 processor, which is pretty underpowered compared to a 2.4 GHz Celeron. He says it's a wash, but I don't believe it. If they only would have made the Mac Mini slightly higher powered (say a 1.8 GHz chip) and 512Mb video card, it would be a lustworthy box for $500. As it stands, Microsoft is going to come out with 3 GHz dual core processor XBox 2 and charge $300 or whatever for it. Maybe they will even put out a PC version of the XBox 2.

Also, I'm annoyed that Apple didn't include an SPDIF output. The author didn't mention that the Dell probably comes with one, but the Mac Mini doesn't.
          Last edited by DanS; January 19, 2005, 23:13.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Who really uses XP Home?

Umm... me...
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€

Comment

Well, I guess I'm proven wrong on that point.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

XP Home.... HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Worthless crap
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What's the difference between Home and Professional? I've used both, and have noticed little differences.

Comment

The problem for the Mac Mini is at the end of the day it's still a Mac. I notice that the writer doesn't mention the scarcity and greater expense of software for the Mac, or the scarcity and greater expense of many after market upgrades. But hey, if Mac's are your bag baby, by all means enjoy.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      What's the difference between Home and Professional? I've used both, and have noticed little differences.
                      Networking abilities, and the way that users are controlled.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's tempting to get a Mini-Mac, simply because if I start using my Athlon beast again I'll waste most of my time playing games and such-like(I'm currently working on a P133 laptop). A computer that doesn't have LAGGG when I'm typing, and can sync my iPod and Camera, yet doesn't play games very well, would be really, really useful.

Also, it would look cool.
                        Should I get a Mini-Mac?
                        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

XP has no real selling points.
                          Blah

Comment

Mini Mac has no real selling points. It is a pile of crap crammed into one small pretty box. The guy said something about apples and oranges, yet he goes ahead and compares the Mini Mac with the Dell. The dell is faster in almost every respect, and graphics cards are pretty cheap (especially if you have them added on). For those thinking about getting a Mini Mac. Would you spend $499 on a useless crappy paper weight?
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I agree with Imran. I use Win XP Home and it works fine, except for user accounts. Most people don't need XP Pro.
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X