Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who like to criticize the Mac Mini. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, by the looks of your spelling, I'm guessing you've a had a little too much to drink tonight.
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

yes

but that doesn't change things, if I typed real slow I casn spell right anyitime

if I type fast, my spelling is alwysa suspect

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Apple laptops are so expensive. If you don't want XGA resolution you'll have to get the powerbook and this cannot really compete with x86 laptops. Even the ibook is expensive compared to others.

Anyway, you all seem to take the mac-mini totally wrong. I could just buy one to use as music player that I can put up anywhere in the house or appartment, because of its design.
        I cannot place a heavy dell machine in a nice niche.

Ofc the only stupid thing and that's where apple has screwed this, was to still rely on heavy monitors and large keyboards-mouse input devices.
        When they make such a nice and really small full functional computer, then HECK do something about I/O devices as well. Smaller computers, require different I/Os.
        That is IMO what Apple has not understood.

I think there are some nice mini-barebones from shuttle or MSI that you can use for this. But AFAIK they do not come in one piece and you have to assemble them for yourself.
        A barebone system like this: http://www.msi.com.tw/images/product...m_img/mega.jpg (which is ofc slightly larger)

Comment

laptops expensive and quality are better than cheaper (*unlke desktops)

IO think I would go IBM orver MAC, but I seriously consider MAC

Jon Miler
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Frankly, with laptops, I'm so sick of my Dell, I'd probably pay more for any other company's, whether it be Gateway, Apple, or whoever (now that IBM is getting out of the game). I just want a laptop that doesn't break down as much as this piece of ****!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              hmm, but how was the rest of the machine

also, even if it is a bit more expensice, you have the apple name going for you

Jon Miller
              It outperformed the Mac Mini in every respect. Even if it is a bit more expensive, you have the apple name going for you? What the heck is that supposed to mean?
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Frankly, with laptops, I'm so sick of my Dell, I'd probably pay more for any other company's, whether it be Gateway, Apple, or whoever (now that IBM is getting out of the game). I just want a laptop that doesn't break down as much as this piece of ****!
                I agree
                t
                hat is the most important things with laptops

my wuantex did good, but a lot of peoples sonies suck

you want something that works, and can ddo what you want it to do

Kpm
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  Of course as usual Asher overlooks the obvious.

These are entry level computers aimed at people who are not tech savvy and just want to do basic things.

The software bundle on the mini is far superior to that on the Dell for a start. Word Perfect? Jesus....
                  It's better and more useful than AppleWorks.

To keep the Dell in order you will need to spend money on an antivirus program (a proper one, not one of the free ones) and updates for it.
                  You're seriously not going to play this game, are you?

If you're going to say "but Dell doesn't include this, but Dell doesn't include that!", you shouldn't be saying this in comparison to a $499 computer that comes sans monitor, keyboard, and mouse...

Time Agathon has spent dealing with viruses and spyware or related activities in the last four years = zero.

How many Dell owners can say that?
                  Probably quite a few of the competent ones.

My family use Dell, and they've never had a virus. I train them well...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    I always cringe when someone orders a Dell laptop, but it usually takes a while for them to stop being so defensive and realize there was some truth to what I was saying -- laurentius wouldn't stop talking about how great his Inspiron 8600 is, and IIRC he's looking for a new laptop now...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What exactly is wrong with Dell laptops?
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

They're cheaply made using cheap components and are prone to problems. They also have an issue with heat.

Comment

Is there any problem with Dell desktops?

Comment

No, they're the best mainstream big-brand consumer desktops IMO.

Comment

What's the best for laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                                What's the best for laptops?
                                IMHO: http://www.alienware.com/Product_Pag...ll_gaming.aspx

Alienware laptops are certainly the best.
                                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X