Mac to go below $500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo

That's because I get it from a site that sells at discount. It comes with everything that is name-brand. This isn't dell. These are name brand products. Furthermore, there is no integrated video. Only the sound is integrated, and that's good enough for a budget user.

The Sempron is the best budget CPU out there, period.
    Word of advice: You get what you pay for and if you really want a good PC you'd spend at least a few hundred dollars more on one. Otherwise, good luck with that crappy PC of yours; you're gonna need it.
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

How isn't it true especially when I already proved in a different thread how much faster the AMD is compared to the G5?
      Troll again.

This has nothing to do with this thread unless you're just threadjacking <--- Troll!
      HAVE A DAY.
      "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
      For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

Word of advice: You get what you pay for and if you really want a good PC you'd spend at least a few hundred dollars more on one. Otherwise, good luck with that crappy PC of yours; you're gonna need it.
        I thought we were talking about budget computers? IT isn't a crappy PC the one I mentioned (includes 7200RPM hard-drive). And my PC is upper-mid range. It isn't a budget PC. It includes a 64-bit Athlon 3000, Asus K8N-E Deluxe, 768MB of Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 Ram, 2 80GB Maxtor 7200RPM HD, a GeForce FX5900 (OCed to FX5950U [500/1000MHz]).. etc.. just watch who you are talking to... my PC blows all macs out of the water and sends them eating dust.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

I know it's true every Thursday night/Friday morning when I layout a newspaper.
          HAVE A DAY.

Comment

why do people cling to macs?

get over it.

I got over commdore 64's.

it's time to move into the 21st century fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              why do people cling to macs?

get over it.

I got over commdore 64's.

it's time to move into the 21st century fellas.
              Can anybody say: Athlon 64 FX-55? That's like $850... for the CPU.. it is the fastest on the market.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

...just watch who you are talking to...
                I know who I'm talking to: A Mac basher!

my PC blows all macs out of the water and sends them eating dust.
                Typical Mac Basher rhetoric.
                HAVE A DAY.

Comment

I know who I'm talking to: A Mac basher!

Typical Mac Basher rhetoric.
                  Get over Apple. I run a machine that blasts even the fastest Mac out of the water and sends eating dust.

Comment

Only if you did something to force it to crash; of course I can force Windows to crash, too. Of course, with normal use it should never or rarely ever crash.
                    And MNG gets the prize for tautology of the week.

Comment

And my PC is upper-mid range. It isn't a budget PC.
                      A midrange PC for $239? Keep on dreaming!
                      HAVE A DAY.

Comment

A midrange PC for $239? Keep on dreaming!
                        My PC was nowhere near $239.. rather try $800-$1000... since I upgrade it over time it is hard to tell. So you keep dreaming!

I was talking about budget PCs, my computer isn't one. A budget PC sells as low as $239.

I'm going to bed.. good night! No sense in arguing with somebody who follows Apple like a second religion.. or a cult.

Comment

Get over Apple. I run a machine that blasts even the fastest Mac out of the water and sends eating dust.
                          There you go with the same rhetoric again.

Is this discussion repeating itself?
                          HAVE A DAY.

Comment

My PC was nowhere near $239.. rather try $800-$1000... since I upgrade it over time it is hard to tell. So you keep dreaming!

I was talking about budget PCs, my computer isn't one. A budget PC sells as low as $239.
                            $800-$1000 still doesn't beat $499.

I'm going to bed.. good night! No sense in arguing with somebody who follows Apple like a second religion.. or a cult.
                            Well, no sense in arguing with someone who hopelessly repeats the same rhetoric over and over again for eternity!
                            HAVE A DAY.

Comment

Well, no sense in arguing with someone who hopelessly repeats the same rhetoric over and over again for eternity!
                              Look at yourself and good night.

Comment

Look at yourself and good night.
                                Look who's talking NOW!
                                HAVE A DAY.

Comment

Working...
                                X