United States of Europe vs. Stalinland: Ukraine, pt. II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spiffor

Why couldn't Yushchenko just concede and admit that he lost?
    The difference is he didn't have an election that was stolen and was proven as such. Yushchenko won fair and square, and you commies can go back to your little holes. The Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

And **** you, erik.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist

I like Fez much more since I determined to view him as a bot providing comic relief.
      I'm not anymore of a bot then you are.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
        And **** you, erik.
        Eloquent as always, Fez.
        I'm not anymore of a bot then you are.
        Oh noes! He's found out my secret! Teh EMBARASSMENT!!!!111!!1!
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
          What does this "ukrainization" programme entail, anyway?
          Oh it's a charming little thing to the tune of "Ukraine is for Ukrainians" - orange revolution carries "a dollop of unsavory kind of nationalism", as politically correct New York Times put it (quote from memory from BBC site).

Originally posted by GianCarlo
          **** you, erik
          I assume **** means "love", right?
          It is only totalitarian governments that suppress facts. In this country we simply take a democratic decision not to publish them. - Sir Humphrey in Yes Minister

Comment

• Gas supplies to Ukraine cut off
            By Tom Warner
            Published: January 3 2005 02:00 | Last updated: January 3 2005 02:00

Ukraine's new leadership was hit with its first crisis even before it took power when Turkmenistan announced at the weekend that it had cut supplies of natural gas pending talks on "new prices".

The Turkmen demand for a price increase spells serious economic trouble for the administration of Viktor Yushchenko, who is expected to be inaugurated in about two weeks after winning a re-run presidential election last month.

Viktor Yanukovich, the defeated candidate, announced on New Year's eve that he was resigning as prime minister, though he said he would press on with legal challenges to the results.

Ukraine imports over 40 per cent of its gas from Turkmenistan, around 32bn cubic meters (bcm) a year. The increase would cost Ukraine an extra $500m.

Naftogaz, Ukraine's state gas monopoly, said its large underground stores precluded any immediate shortage.

Gazprom, the Russian national gas company, also had its Turkmen gas supplies cut, but said its export contracts would not be affected. Gazprom buys about 6bcm a year of Turkmen gas. Tom Warner, Kiev

Gotta love their style.

Ogh, and Serb, it appears 40% of Ukraine's gas is from the Dear Leader... I assumed Ukraine was 100% held by its balls by GAZP.

What's the relationship between the Great Leader and Russia?
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• BTW, could it be that Heresson calls Yu supporters orangeutants? Could it be after all that there is such a thing as a Pole not supporting Yushchenko?
              Nah, I just didn't find a suitable name for the orange people ("orangists"?), and when I've made it up, I found it funny, and as I was pointing several things on the other side in Serb's absence, I decided to post it.

As I've mentioned, I think Janukowicz would be more reasonable with Poland when it comes to cases as the Polish "little eagles" cementary in Lwow (Lwiw), the question of UPA and stuff (some alleged quotes by Juszczenko and Tymoszenko I didn't like at all), but oh well... I just don't want Ukraine to became part of Bigger Russia, and I'm afraid that would happen if it all went in direction set by Kuczma some time ago
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
              X