Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If polygamy were common in your country, would you take a second spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My current wife would divorce me before letting me become a polygamist. But then again, there is this nice lesbian couple I know where one of them (the really hot one) is really bi............
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

In your dream she is...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't need to dream. She told me.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I would only enter a polygamist relationship if the third spouse was loved by both of us, and if we prove that our menage à trois can survive the daily routine.

Those are the conditions for a successful monogamous marriage. Why wouldn't it work in a polygamous marriage?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Let me reponder the question when I've got one wife.

But from the the ego-trip perspective, it would probably be neater to have multiple female servants you had sexual access too.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              I'll bet multiple husbands becomes an option for Chinese women, as there are thre hundred million less Chinese women than men.
              What a bright future for China.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                I would only enter a polygamist relationship if the third spouse was loved by both of us, and if we prove that our menage à trois can survive the daily routine.

Those are the conditions for a successful monogamous marriage. Why wouldn't it work in a polygamous marriage?
                Yes let's all love each other and the world is going to be a peaceful loving heaven for all.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  You'd definitely need a second guy to fill in.
                  And you insinuate that I'M gay...
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

technically, in Zimbabwe, the consitution is colour blind and you cannot disriminate on the basis of race, colour creed etc etc. There are also two marriage acts. One is the traditional marriage act which is strictly manogamous. The other is the customary law act, which is based on tribal custom and is polygamous. However, when based on the constitution, it is theoretically possible for a european woman to get married in Zimbabwe to multiple husbands, provided all weddings are under the customary act. Anyone willing to undergo a test case?

For the record I voted nay, why would you want more than one woman in your life?
                    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• Originally posted by atomant
                      a european woman to get married in Zimbabwe to multiple husbands
                      Sounds so very scary ...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• one woman already seems like too many to me sometimes
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                        X