Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If polygamy were common in your country, would you take a second spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If polygamy were common in your country, would you take a second spouse?

I definitely would. That way one of them could work and one could take care of my kids. I would have kids with both of them. An excellent family arrangement.
    Yes
    27.45%
    No
    47.06%
    Maybe
    19.61%
    What sort of weird poll is this?
    5.88%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Spoken like a man who's never been in a relationship.

Two women...
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, but only to get families from poor nations into the US.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Spoken like a man who's never been in a relationship.

Two women...
        Gah. I suppose that's right.

If one thought you liked the other one better....
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Re: If polygamy were common in your country, would you take a second spouse?

Originally posted by Jaguar
          I definitely would. That way one of them could work and one could take care of my kids. I would have kids with both of them. An excellent family arrangement.
          You are out of your mind. Girls are jealous and insecure anyway. Could you imagine?

"Why don't you compliment how I look any more? Does she turn you on more than me? **** you. I'm divorcing you..."
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I could see it working with two men and two women maybe...

Comment

Yup, it's called traditional marriage.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Mostly I just wanted to start a thread on polygamy, of course.

Now we're having fun rational debate about the topic. I hope that it can degenerate into trolling and namecalling, because fights about hypothetical polygamy would rule.

Comment

Well, the first few weeks could be fun. Just not sure if I would want sitting out a life sentense for it.
                  No more football...like ever!
                  No more escaping to go out, having a few drinks with the boys.
                  No more getting away with...well, anything.
                  Twice the dates to remember.
                  Two sets of inlaws.

Nah; I'll pass thank you wery much.
                  Last edited by alva; December 25, 2004, 04:24.

Comment

You'd definitely need a second guy to fill in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                      Mostly I just wanted to start a thread on polygamy, of course.

Now we're having fun rational debate about the topic. I hope that it can degenerate into trolling and namecalling, because fights about hypothetical polygamy would rule.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It sounds cool.

But I don't think I would have the administration skills or the energy levels.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Not hypothetical.

I knew a woman who had a nice family with one son. Dad grew bored with the relationship and wanted out. Mom said 'OK, but don't move out. Our son needs both of us.'

Dad said OK, but before long he wanted his new girlfriend to move in. Mom said OK. So the whole menagerie moved into a three bedroom apartment.

Strange people, but the boy was well looked after.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

In India , the criminal code is common to all citizens , but the civil code ( all non-criminal laws ) are different for different communities , because at the time of partition , the Muslims in India found the idea of a non-Sharia law unacceptable . Of course , it seems they didn't have the stomach for the criminal Sharia , so they went with the option of having a common criminal code but a commnuity/religion based civil code .

This means that if you're a Muslim , you are allowed to have four wives . So , if I convert from Hinduism to Islam , I am allowed four wives , all totally legal .

Not that I'm stupid enough to do it , just pointing out that the "if your country allowed" is not applicable for India .

Comment

What if you marry a second girl, then she marries a man who is married to another woman and man that neither of your first wives like?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X