Breaking News: Bush Personally Authorized Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos
    Your support is five words from a Red Cross "confidential report" (that happens to be public???), the rest of which is not available, which itself doesn't quote or even produce the so called intelligence report.
    Yeah, and I bet when the initial reports came out about Abu Ghraib, you had the same canned spiel. The Red Cross documented that first as well, you know, in confidential reports to the White House. Just like these.

The fact is that the RC cited the intelligence officers who made the estimates in their report to the White House. Why would they cite made-up intelligence officials when they knew the report would be confidential in the first place?

And when did "70 to 90 percent" = "90"?
    I guess, given the overall post, I shouldn't be surprised you have trouble reading:

as many as 90%
    You post amounts to a spin on a spin on a spin based on nothing.
    Your post amounts to ostriching out of increased desperation. Nothing new there.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
      "the President directly authorized interrogation techniques including sleep deprivation, stress positions, the use of military dogs, and "sensory deprivation through the use of hoods, etc." "

This isn't torture.
      I was wondering where the beating and subjection to perversion was. Glad I'm not the only one.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:41.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Silly Americans Just pass a law saying that the US recognises that those classified as terrorists are not humans
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comment

I'm guessing that most Americans support the idea of torturing prisoners, the same way most of them support the death penalty.

After all, most people tend to think that if it is extremely unlikely to affect them, it's OK.

The same goes for people almost anywhere...
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  Let's start breaking out the links.

Listed on this page as forms of torture are:

Sensory deprivation
                  Sleep deprivation

To place them in the proper context, they are listed along side those less marketable practices of:

Beatings
                  Electric Shock

This was a page written to an audience of American Physicians BY American Physicians.

The title, "Torture and War Trauma Survivors"

http://www.survivorsintl.org/info/primarycare.html
                  To place them in proper context, Western police forces use sleep deprivation. They do not use beatings or electric shock (and get away with it).
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:42.

Comment

I can't wait to see how this is spun around and deflected off our beloved commander and cheif, resulting in nothing.

Comment

YOu are right.

When 9/11 happened I was so furious to the point I wanted to hunt down those f'ers and get me some Texas Justice.

Now looking back I realize the folly of it all.

Feeling that way is not unreasonable, given the circumstances. But actually carrying it out would be insane.

I mean the general indifference that pervades our society on the treatment of "outcasts".

University people like me tend to have a very bad idea of what most people think about crime and justice. Most people don't have much more than prejudice and they certainly can't see a problem with things like flogging and torture as long as it's not them or people like them being flogged or tortured.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                          I can't wait to see how this is spun around and deflected off our beloved commander and cheif, resulting in nothing.
                          What is there to deflect? An executive order authorising standard interrogation practices? Where does it say 'go ahead, beat them and rape them'?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

You know, a real opposition party would sink its teeth into this and not let go...

Rufus waits to see if Harry Reid can even find his teeth...
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Come on. Not letting you sleep is torture? Scaring you with dogs is torture? It's not very nice, but I don't think you can call it torture.

I notice your page also lists things such as isolation. That's already a common practice in prisons for prisoners who won't behave. Interrogations for hours as psychological torture? Well, there are a few people boring enough from this site to make that torture, but most people wouldn't call it that. Comparing that stuff to actual torture that goes on in the world is an insult to the victims.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Western police forces use sleep deprivation

In the US, I'm sure such tactics would be considered cruel and unusual and barred under the 8th Amendment.

Ok, ok, setting aside the discussion torture, those who say it isn't cannot deny that AT LEAST it is inhuman treatment. Doesn't it bother you that the President is authorizing things in these camps that our Constitution wouldn't allow? Especially seeing how so many of those picked up aren't even Al Queda?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X