War now appears unwinnable in light of new enemy offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor

Hitler when he invaded Tchequoslowakia before Poland?
    No, those exact countries. Iraq first, then Syria, then Iran. Shall I make it easier? After those three, Libya.

For a guy who knows about DEGAULLE, at least one of the countries mentioned above should ring a bell.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Umm, where are the soviets in this "teh funny"
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        The parallel to Allawi is not all that weak.
        OTOH, the Soviets were crushing the Nazis on the other front. No such parallel exists today.

Edit: @ Az
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
          You invade Iraq first. Then Syria. And only after that Iran. Guess who followed that policy before?
          [second attempt]
          The Arabs during the time of their expansion?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

another hint - the invasion of Iraq was a surprisingly easy win, with a small number of troops used, and the Iraqi army collapsing quickly.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The Battle of the Bulge was my favorite part of Band of Brothers:B:
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

[second attempt]
                The Arabs during the time of their expansion?
                no, they went into Syria and Iraq about the same time, IIRC.

THINK Spiff. What are we talking about in this thread? Why did i give De Gaulle as a hint. Iraq, then Syria, than Iran. Then Libya.

Comment

another hint - before going into Iraq, the regional commander of the invading power suggested that military might would aggravate regional problems, and that a political settlement with Iraq should be reached instead. The head of the invading powers govt shook this off, saying theres nothing to negotiate.

Comment

What a pathetic piece of crap that OP was. honestly, truly stupid on multiple levels.

Thats about all discussion that fetid piece of dung is worth.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

im really surprised no one is getting this.

Comment

Why? Our minds are not up to thinking back historically much.

Either the Brits, the Ottomans, or the damned Romans, as far as i care.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

[sarcasm]I'd assume there has to be some parallel seeing as american's know nothing about history[/sarcasm]
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Edit: @ Az

It's beeaaautiful.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                              Why? Our minds are not up to thinking back historically much.

Either the Brits, the Ottomans, or the damned Romans, as far as i care.
                              Ok, thats three guess, but GePap gets the prize.

Now which of those three? And when?

Comment

Can't be the Romans. Guess it's the Brits.

Comment

Working...
                                X