National ID Card + PATRIOTACT 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gibsie
    You don't have a problem with it, Ming doesn't have a problem with it. That's fine. Others do. Why act like you've got a problem with those who have a different opinion to you (Apart from the fact this is Apolyton)? And yes, insulting people who don't like where this is going does actually, calling them melodramatic does constiute "having a problem with them".

You mean people cannot take teasing or trolling?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I think teasing or trolling people for having a valid opinion is a bit stupid, yes. The stuff linked to in the opening post- THAT may be worthy of derision, but not every poster who is a bit concered over what a National ID cards may lead to.

Comment

• ligthen up

Comment

• no, YOU lighten up. zing lolololol im so funny!!!!!

Comment

• "Now THAT would be a problem in my book... I'm not that conservative "

Let's remember this one for the future.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• I've never lost my wallet.

Only careless people lose their wallet.

I've never been mugged, but that doesn't make me any less wary of the possibility that my wallet might be taken.

I'm not afraid of the national ID card, personally. I'm not convinced that there are any real benefits to it, though--especially since I'm fairly convinced that it might actually make identity theft easier.
              B♭3

Comment

• Let's see... people are calling America a police/nazi state because of a national ID card... hmmm... seems like trolling to me... so if they can dish it out, I hope they can take it back... Fair is Fair
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I have SSN card with my picture on it. Works as an ID card in Finland if I want to. I have my drivers license, that works as an valid ID everywhere in the world, also in the US as it's been tested. It's those EU licenses, so it's a standard ID and easily recognizable all around the wolrd.

I have my passport, which is good ID, but I don't need it anywhere really, except to get into the US.

The fact is, I'm filled with IDs. But I don't carry them around, except my drivers license. It's a standard ID. We don't need a new ID, that's just good enough. And if I happen to lose it, no one can steal my identity. I just call up and say I got my license lost. Plus that person has to pass as me wiht my pic in it. The worst thing you can do is lose your credit card and not 'freeze' it right away, becuase they don't check your ID everywhere if the purchase is small enough, meaning you can ride it for some time, unless you disable it, which you should do right when you see it's lost.

And I don't HAVE to carry ANY ID with me. That's not the law in here. I can go where I want without my ID. Cops come and ask, I just say, I don't have my ID with me. That's not a crime.

Besides, you don't get stopped by the cops in here unless you screw up in traffic or something like that.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibsie
                    I think teasing or trolling people for having a valid opinion is a bit stupid, yes. The stuff linked to in the opening post- THAT may be worthy of derision, but not every poster who is a bit concered over what a National ID cards may lead to.
                    Okay, I'm not against the national ID card in the US, and I see your viewpoint that the technology could be used improperly in the future. But don't you think your comment about society becoming the police state in SMAC was a bit melodramatic?

Could someone please explain how having a national ID is a threat to civil liberties or puts you at risk of identity theft. These documents will include biometric template that will positively identify the individual.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      Let's see... people are calling America a police/nazi state because of a national ID card... hmmm... seems like trolling to me... so if they can dish it out, I hope they can take it back... Fair is Fair

it's hopless, Ming

Comment

Working...
                      X