No announcement yet.

CBS Poll: Creationism Trumps Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is that those people have influenced the public school system to actually teach this crap to their children.
    Well said . It defies reason. Every single time I hear about this makes me more determined to write a book declaring war on Christian fundies. And don't worry, I have a plan that makes Jeanette Winterson look like a Pentecostal Evangelist .
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Evolutionist s!
      HAVE A DAY.
      <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
      "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
      For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay
        Interesting how the folks on here who are finger-pointing at "leftist education" don't come out and "disprove" evolution
        There's no sense in arguing either point: Creationism and Evolution. We all know that those kinds of arguments never get anywhere anyway. Neither side is ever convinced the opposite is true.
        HAVE A DAY.
        "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
        For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

There's no sense in arguing either point: Creationism and Evolution. We all know that those kinds of arguments never get anywhere anyway. Neither side is ever convinced the opposite is true.
          What on earth are you smoking? Evolution refutes creationism on every point, and Principle of Sufficient Reason refutes creationists take on the big bang too. The only reason that the debates never go anywhere is because the creationists are too dogmatic to either listen, understand or change their views in the face of an overwhemingly superior opposing argument, resorting instead to ad hominem at worst, or simply repeating themselves at best in the delusion that they actually have an argument!
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

You've convinced me of nothing. Keep on Whaleboy. You'll never succeed.

BTW, I don't smoke. Never have. Never will.
            HAVE A DAY.

Comment

Your dogmatism is indicative of the kind of attitude that prevents the debate getting anywhere. If someone were to dogmatically and rigidly claim that 1+1=3, then any appeals to the obvious or rigorous proofs that 1+1=2 would fail to convince. Of course, a debate is not a popularity contest, and the more consistent position is not measured by how many idiots it succeeds in convincing.

Comment

Of course, what would be more interesting would be to ask if the creationists could attempt to convince me of their view.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
                  You've convinced me of nothing. Keep on Whaleboy. You'll never succeed.

BTW, I don't smoke. Never have. Never will.
                  the earth is flat, the sun revolves around it and the stars are really holes punctured in a black piece of cloth...

didn't you know ?
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

67 percent of Bush voters
                    the world is doomed

might as well go play some tradewars
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• My favourite part of the article:

Overall, about two-thirds of Americans want creationism taught along with evolution. Only 37 percent want evolutionism replaced outright.
                      So "only" 37% of the Americans are FUBAR!
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• These numbers look a little weird. Without knowing the actual questions that were asked this article is meaningless. For instance:

FAVOR SCHOOLS TEACHING…

Creationism and evolution
                        All Americans
                        65%

Creationism instead of evolution
                        All Americans
                        37%

65% + 37% = 102%

Something isn't right here.

Basically this poll is crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbyphan1138
                          Basically this poll is crap.
                          The fundie who posted the poll has already admitted as much.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• The only part he has an issue with this is fact that those who agree with evolution are better educated, though.

Comment

• You mean "better brainwashed by the leftist propoganda machine" lolololollol.

It's the usual fundie trick of reading the parts you like and ignoring the parts you don't like. CBS says that there are a lot of American creationists, so it must be telling the truth. But it also says that creationists have poorer educations on average, so the poll must be influence by liberal bias. Leviticus says that God hates fags, and who in their right mind could disagree with that? Leviticus says that bats are a kind of bird, but, well, ummm... God hates fags.
                              Last edited by loinburger; November 24, 2004, 10:26.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Mr. Nice Guy is Apolyton's Genuine Fundie Creationist.

His "arguments" against evolution consist generally of and and

I'd pity him, but I just can't muster the pity. Probably because people who think the way he does scare the crap out of me (for those who spent time in the CivIII strategy forum, I rate Mr. Nice Guy at 10 on the STCOMOM).

Sigh.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X