No announcement yet.

Pacers-Pistons Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankly, I'm suprised that this doesn't happen more often. American sports are remarkably nonviolent, in general... After all, there are those stories of World Cup players who **** up being murdered, and whatnot.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Artest

What is this world coming to when kicking the **** out of someone from Detroit is looked down upon? It's just self-defense; gotta get them before they get you...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Artest

What is this world coming to when kicking the **** out of someone from Detroit is looked down upon? It's just self-defense; gotta get them before they get you...

Not only should this man not be suspened, he should be given a free game's worth of pay.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

All I can say is that this Artest guy should be tossed out of basketball forever. What he did was so far beyond the pale as to be beyond forgiveness.

I can only hope the prosecutors in Detroit throw the book at the guy and lock him up for the next ten to twenty.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Lock him up ten to twenty for what?! Getting into a fight? That's absurd!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, the shoe pushed it over the edge.

As for the Domi/Fan incident. A friend of mine was over from England and had never watched an NHL game before. He was shocked.

Ah, c'mon..
              A Brit being shocked for this???

Ho ha Cantona hoha Cantona!!!!
              (just to name one incident)
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

David Stern showed tremendous leadership in making a quick and definitive ruling on this travesty. He said all the right things, and did not spare the rod. He is the only commissioner of a major US sport who is anything more than an empty suit.

Good on him!

Now, let the criminal charges and civil lawsuits begin!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The worst part was the shot of the little boy crying at courtside. I think that was the son of one of the players.

Comment

If not, his daddy will be suing the players.
                    Big time.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Next time the two teams play: Christmas Day in Indiana. Doubtful that anything else will jump off on that date..

Comment

• The NHL has had fan fights before and there hasnt been anywhere near this much controversy..

Comment

• What a quick decision by the one who ruled these penalties.. I think it's good, it was a fight, just a fight but then again it's not acceptable like it went down, it's just disgusting in a way.. so it's over fast too. I guess they wanted to turn the page fast with this one.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• I'll start by saying that I thought this was about as low as you get.

But, I hear all these people saying, "think about the Children". I'll bet that 20 years from now those kids will still be bragging about being there that night.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• exactly.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• They can turn the page quickly, but there's plenty more to come.

The league is full of ignorant, self-important, immature hotheads who skipped the majority of college or didn't go at all. With this kind of recruiting/drafting, it was only a matter of time.

A few years from now everyone will think Dennis Rodman was a gentleman by comparison.

I stopped watching the NBA about two years ago. Now I only watch NCAA - basketball with actual team play.

I shouldn't bother, but as a Canadian I feel I must - hockey is the best sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X